• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD BLACK FRIDAY: MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON VEGA & RX PLUS RX 590 IS HERE & UPTO THREE GAMES FREE !!!

Soldato
would a vaga 56 be a good upgrade frome a fury x

thanks hominid think ill wait for 7nm next year

I'm in the same position, do I upgrade or wait to see what 7nm Vega is like?
I've been pretty unimpressed with the Fury X.
Partly around the issue where I'm getting a lot of flickering at higher refresh rates with the screen even going blank at times. Did happen with my GTX 980, so now I'm wondering is it an AMD thing or a Fury X thing? Don't wanna spend £300 on a card and be stuck with the same annoying problems that are making me consider switch back to the 980. But I have a Freesync monitor, so if I could get a working AMD card that'd be great.

Associate
Got my 64 installed. Had to mod my case but knew that already. I have noticed running Fortnite that my GPU never gets near 1600MHz, it sits around 900-1000MHz, but I guess that's because my 144hz frame cap just isn't pushing it hard enough?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It's a done deal!

C'mon OcUK, I know it's late but I can't wait. "Order received - not yet shipped" :p

At least Scotland will likely get the shipment moving with hardly any delay. Over here DPD like to wait a full day letting stock mature like fine cheese or wine in the Birmingham sorting depot moving it from T1 to T2 so I see EVERY time. This makes it a 4 day lead and if the weekend rolls on one of them days it can be a full week till you get something the mainland get the next day! :(

Associate
All you new Vega56 owners get over to the V56 owners thread and put a piccy up, I want to see them all! We need to catch up with the V64 owners :D

Soldato
You don't get charged customs fees, but you may be charged sales tax or other appropriate import duties, which the carrier may charge an additional fee to collect; however, you are entitled to the tax free price in the UK, so should either be charged the excluding VAT price or you should be able to claim the VAT back.
You got a link for the above, where to go and what countries would be eligible for it ?

Soldato
Got my 64 installed. Had to mod my case but knew that already. I have noticed running Fortnite that my GPU never gets near 1600MHz, it sits around 900-1000MHz, but I guess that's because my 144hz frame cap just isn't pushing it hard enough?
Yea. The Vega64 will downclock itself to reduce power-consumption and temp if it is already hitting the frame cap

Associate
VEGA 56 Strix does have a DVI-D but is a lot more expensive. I can wait, but at £299 it would be rude not to just a shame about the DVI-D. Even looked at monitor upgrade but not ready to buy at the moment.

If AMD adjusted there pricing like this they would give NVIDIA a serious headache right now. NVIDIA stock down 18%!

Back
Top Bottom