Ps4 VR anything i need to know before purchase.

UXB

UXB

Associate
So i have been on the fence ever since PSVR was launched, it was something i was interested in and i read all the reviews saying it was great but the videos never really sold it to me.

Oh boy how wrong could i have been and i urge you not to make the same mistake, written reviews and videos do not do it any justice whatsoever.

I purchased the mega worlds bundle in the days of play sale, and it has turned out to be one of the greatest gaming investments I've ever made, it really is revolutionary, the sense of scale and being in another environment is truly breathtaking and was something i was not expecting, it something you cannot put into words or videos, it has to be experienced first hand to appreciate just how mind blowing and awesome it is.

Sure the blurry graphics, resolution and limited FOV are the obvious shortcomings, but the feeling of actually being in another world space is so convincing they pale into insignificance.

I understand that VR is still in it's infancy and if it is this good now i cannot wait for future iterations, this is the future of gaming.

tldr:

PSVR is amazing and it something every gamer has to experience, whether that be now or in the future when more powerful hardware is available.

Soldato
OP
I'm certainly going to purchase it but on the sites with the bundle and controllers plus Astro bot and red evil 7 they don't state if version 2. And I want version 2. But I suppose I could pop in store and check the box.

Soldato
Tbh I didn’t notice much diff from v1 and v2 (I’ve got v2).

Like a couple have said after couple weeks you won’t touch it lol, mine didn’t even make it to Jan 1st as was already packed away (last year Xmas gift).

Also it made me feel VERY sick which put me off more to use it as I played for maybe 30 minutes but then spent the rest of the day feeling dizzy or sick!

Soldato
It's amazing for about 2 weeks and then you won't use it :)

So true.

I really enjoyed PSVR, it is a fun experience and brilliant for trying out on non-gaming folks, I had parents, uncles etc use it and be blown away, got people playing games who hadn't since Wii Sports.

Sad I sold it sometimes but was such a faff of cables etc., I have young kids so couldn't leave it set up all the time.

Many of the games were quite basic or simple and lacked any depth to keep coming back too once the novelty wore off. I also couldn't really play it for very long as games like Eve made me feel a bit ill.

For me it needs to be wireless before I dive in to VR again.

Oh and something better than the crappy Move controllers, they are pants and massively overpriced.

Associate
I'm a big fan. I'm mostly playing dirt rally at the moment and it's absolutely insanely good fun and I don't even have a wheel!

I've also got Astro Bot - Playing this for the very first time took me all the way back to experiencing Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time; so much fun, so natural and a real game changer for gaming for sure.

Long live psvr!

Associate
Tbh I didn’t notice much diff from v1 and v2 (I’ve got v2).

Like a couple have said after couple weeks you won’t touch it lol, mine didn’t even make it to Jan 1st as was already packed away (last year Xmas gift).

Also it made me feel VERY sick which put me off more to use it as I played for maybe 30 minutes but then spent the rest of the day feeling dizzy or sick!

I had that with the rift, trouble is you need to use it more to get your vr legs. I used the rift a lot when I first got it, took awhile to stop feeling dizzy and sick. Good thing now is after going through that even if I don't use it for a couple of months the sickness has totally gone.

Soldato
I went from the occasional novelty use to total vr addiction with firewall zero hour, I can't stop playing it and I have not took the disc out of the ps4 since buying it

Soldato
So I bought the the starter pack with astrobot and and RE7 for £179.99 earlier today. I already have 2 move controllers from the ps3 days. Any other must have games ?

Soldato
So I bought the the starter pack with astrobot and and RE7 for £179.99 earlier today. I already have 2 move controllers from the ps3 days. Any other must have games ?
Farpoint
Firewall zero hour
Rush of blood
VR world's is worth picking up second hand, it's good but like a glorified demo disc

Associate
PSVR is my favourite gaming device despite its shortcomings. I for one can’t wait for ps5 and psvr2.

Don’t worry about the cables/setup. Once it’s done it’s easy. Mine is hooked over the corner of my tv ready and waiting.

Yes the image quality isn’t the best but as soon as your in the game and moving around you hardly notice it.

Fov was my biggest issue. It’s a bit too narrow but again you don’t notice after a few mins of playing.

Move Controllers. They get the job done but they could be a lot better. If only they had analog sticks to begin with. I bet Sony are kicking themselves...really hard lol. Don’t worry though plenty of patents showing up so they are working on something.

Since release there are so many games to choose from. You will definitely find something you like.

I’ve realised racers are not for me right now as they do make me feel sick but in time it might change. Hopefully destruction derby will make a return on psvr.

Games I would highly recommend:

Resident evil 7
Firewall zero hour (so addictive)
Paranormal activity
Persistence

There are so many great looking games on the way in 2019.

If you do decide to buy psvr I hope you like it.

Soldato
OP
Many thanks for that, I think I more then likely will buy it. It just intrigues me. I'm overly concerned with the downfalls, they seem pretty small for such a great experience. Think I'll pick up the pack with the 2 controllers and red evil, Astro bot. Then buy the games you reccomended. Excited yes much.

Associate
This definitely needs to improve before I will consider it. I love great Gfx so not going to jump on the VR bandwagon until they improve significantly.

Back
Top Bottom