**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Soldato
Is it though? iPhone battery replacement cost it similar at £25.

Believe Apple pricing is to do with their currently reduced cost, battery replacement programme which expires some time in the future.

Either way, I'm barely getting 2 and a half hours of SoT out of my Edge now and factory reset hasn't done much good. If £39.99 can get me back to what it was before then I can easily wait for the hopefully bezel less S10 Edge or maybe even Note 10.

Soldato
Believe Apple pricing is to do with their currently reduced cost, battery replacement programme which expires some time in the future.

Either way, I'm barely getting 2 and a half hours of SoT out of my Edge now and factory reset hasn't done much good. If £39.99 can get me back to what it was before then I can easily wait for the hopefully bezel less S10 Edge or maybe even Note 10.

I wouldn't bother spending the £40, just get a S9 grey import.

Associate
I used to be able to share a wifi connection using my hotspot, which was very useful in places where you have to pay for wifi. Recently I've been getting a message saying I have to turn off wifi to enable mobile hotspot. Anyone have any idea why this has started happening and if there's a way round it? I don't think it coincided with a software update.

Edit - ignore me, I just found the Wi-Fi sharing setting!

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone recommend a screen protector for the non-Edge S7?

On my 3nd. The first one (glass) shattered when fitting, the second one just wasn't tough enough (film type), the third one is another 'Glass' types and it doesn't curve at the sides so even on my non-edge there's a gap between the edges and the screen. Dirt/dust will get under there and the touchscreen sensitivity isn't great the closer to the edge I get. Getting really annoyed with chance buying them so after recommendations now.

Have bought 'OMOTON' branded tempered glass for other handsets and they fit perfectly, but they don't do one for the S7! Grr!

Soldato
Looks like the S7 & S7 edge are not going be getting the Pie update :(

With the prices there charging for high end mobile phones these days I think they need to support them with big software updates like this for far longer then only 2 years

With the prices there charging for high end mobile phones these days I think they need to support them with big software updates like this for far longer then only 2 years

What a crock of **** that is, my S7E is still perfect and does everything i want, trying to force me to upgrade by cutting support is pretty low for such a young device.

Soldato

Yeah it sucks... this is an area that Apple always crushes everyone else in. My ~4 year old iPhone still going strong on the latest version of iOS.

At least the GS7 is still getting security patches though (mine is on Jan 2019).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
What a crock of **** that is, my S7E is still perfect and does everything i want, trying to force me to upgrade by cutting support is pretty low for such a young device.
It's not cutting support. Why would they continue with developing major OS upgrades on a phone over 3 years old when no other Android OEM does?

Apple do yeah but that doesn't come without its issues .

Besides, the S7 and others will still continue to get security updates beyond 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom