• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD BLACK FRIDAY: MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON VEGA & RX PLUS RX 590 IS HERE & UPTO THREE GAMES FREE !!!

Caporegime
Yup seems I will have to upgrade my CPU + mobo + RAM in order to support vega 56/newer GPUs :( Not much choice though as I've been having terrible issues with my setup lately.

Probably just going to get this, good enough for my needs and should be pretty future proof.

47gHgZE.jpg

Currently coming out at £300, hopefully be bit cheaper come this Friday though.....

Unfortunately OCUK are dearer by quite a bit for the CPU and mobo compared to other places.

No epic bundle deal this year @Gibbo? Seen the citizen system which looks good but I don't need the PSU, drives or the OS :p

Soldato
Yup seems I will have to upgrade my CPU + mobo + RAM in order to support vega 56/newer GPUs :( Not much choice though as I've been having terrible issues with my setup lately.

Probably just going to get this, good enough for my needs and should be pretty future proof.

47gHgZE.jpg

Currently coming out at £300, hopefully be bit cheaper come this Friday though.....

Unfortunately OCUK are dearer by quite a bit for the CPU and mobo compared to other places.

No epic bundle deal this year @Gibbo? Seen the citizen system which looks good but I don't need the PSU, drives or the OS :p

Thats basically the system I have except I've got 16gb of ram as opposed to 8gb. I can get 4.2 on all cores ( I think), and 3.2 ot of the ram, but it runs so well I don't even bother to overclock, heresy, I know but true.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well I hesitated on the 56 and now I regret doing so :(

Will you be having the same price again mid December?

The pound will determine that, we pre-purchased dollars at 1.31 to pay for that deal stock, only way we could get ourselves to £299 and as we only had 5% margin, the new 1.28 rate makes that impossible. We shall be monitor fedex and that will determine our selling price for when new batch lands. Worse case I suspect we will still do £299 but on a much lesser amount at Boxing Day, because if we sell a load at £299 with no margin, then of course we need to limit quantity more, so that we sell more at regular pricing to average the margin/profit made across the inventory. :)

3 Vega 64 left!

OcUK Staff
OP
People need to read my previous post:

Vega 56, more due middle December!
Vega 64, potentially a small amount this week, then more end of December.

Both lines now sold out, deal has ended, snooze you lose and all that, we may do a repeat on Friday on V64 but use the TODAY ONLY function.
Vega 56 will depend on exchange rates and a repeat will be timed around XMAS period.

Soldato
Please can you point me to the guide - which page?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...king-undervolting-information-guide.18793012/

That's the vega 64 guide but still relevant.

For other guides online have a look here https://www.google.com/search?rls=c...wiz.......0i71j0i22i30j0i22i10i30.xL6w4DYNTjM

I actually used youtube to undervolt my own 56. Can't remember where though :/

Here's the AMD Chill info. Every vega user needs to use this. So handy.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-chill

Mostly Polaris but good Chill explaination and undervolting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9ro5pwfXY

Associate

Associate
Got my Vega 64 Nitro+ up and running :D thanks Gibbo!

One question (probably me being stupid), but I cant see any markings on the BIOS switch so not sure which position sets the performance bios? I've flicked the switch but couldn't really notice any difference between the two and clock speeds are reported the same between both using GPU-Z?

Someone please help settle my confused brain lol

Associate
I am currently using a RX580 on a Gigabyte Z87X-D3H (so older than a Z97X), also on Windows 10 1803, but worked with 1709 as well with no issues, my 56 arrives tomorrow. On the basis that the RX580 is fine, I was hoping it wouldn't be an issue as my mobo is PCI3.0 and isn't it only PCI2.0 boards that have the issue?

Just to reply to my own post. My card arrived today, it installed with no trouble on the above motherboard and OS and is running fine with no apparent issues (no coil whine). Now to the tweaking when I get chance :)

For reference this is the Sapphire Pulse 56 Vega.

PS. I got 3 bags of Haribo. Result!

Back
Top Bottom