• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Hmm The signal really ain’t great on this Xs Max. Travelling around the same areas with my 8 plus on the same network is giving me vastly lower coverage to the point of me having to tether off the 8 to use apps on the Xs. Might see if I can try another unit.

Man of Honour
Hmm The signal really ain’t great on this Xs Max. Travelling around the same areas with my 8 plus on the same network is giving me vastly lower coverage to the point of me having to tether off the 8 to use apps on the Xs. Might see if I can try another unit.
It's the way you're holding it. :)

Soldato
Had a good look at the XR today. The screen is brilliant. No idea why apple didn't implement the force touch on it like google does (ie, long press and haptic). I know they do it on the lock screen, but a small coding change within the API would have been nice. Long pressing any of the icons does nothing. Shame. It's a thick phone, but considering the epic battery it's a good trade off. It's a nice phone, but then it is £750.

for £750 it should have had the 4gb ram and a 1080p display despite the current one looking great. £750 is not budget territory, it's premium.

Soldato
I'm thinking about upgrading my 6S to an XR. Does anyone know if the dual sim function allows one sim to be disabled temporarily? I have a work and personal phone and when I dont want to be bothered with work, I just carry the personal phone. I'm thinking if I can disable the work sim and leave the esim enabled, that would save me from carrying 2 phones. I would get a new personal number on the esim.

Does that sound like how it might work?

Associate
Had a good look at the XR today. The screen is brilliant. No idea why apple didn't implement the force touch on it like google does (ie, long press and haptic). I know they do it on the lock screen, but a small coding change within the API would have been nice. Long pressing any of the icons does nothing. Shame. It's a thick phone, but considering the epic battery it's a good trade off. It's a nice phone, but then it is £750.

for £750 it should have had the 4gb ram and a 1080p display despite the current one looking great. £750 is not budget territory, it's premium.

After using android since the iphone 4 i decided to buy one of these for a change and can't say i'm disappointed.

Having used an S8 for the last 15 months with the screen on full saturation mode i can honestly say i have no issues with the XR's screen at all. I really don't know what all the fuss is about and those at work with the iphone X can't tell the difference between the screens..

I'm not sure i would notice any diff in the performance of the phone if the ram and screen res were increased as it runs really smooth as it is, so i have problem with it having 'only' 3gb..

The £750 price tag is hard to swallow but i did get 10% off using my credit card voucher points so softened the blow a bit :)

Soldato
After using android since the iphone 4 i decided to buy one of these for a change and can't say i'm disappointed.

Having used an S8 for the last 15 months with the screen on full saturation mode i can honestly say i have no issues with the XR's screen at all. I really don't know what all the fuss is about and those at work with the iphone X can't tell the difference between the screens..

I'm not sure i would notice any diff in the performance of the phone if the ram and screen res were increased as it runs really smooth as it is, so i have problem with it having 'only' 3gb..

The £750 price tag is hard to swallow but i did get 10% off using my credit card voucher points so softened the blow a bit :)

one thing I did notice, more than anything....was how slick and fluid it was. They still put all the androids to shame. Even the pixel 3s and the oneplus phones are still nowhere near as good.
It's silky smooth. Everything just glides around. The android gestures are a bit rubbish in comparison. I'm still a google fanboy at heart though.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Received my Bare case. Terrible QC.

Edging looks rough like it’s been removed by someone with 4” nails. Back is covered in swirls and has scratched after a single wipe from a microfibres cloth.

Awful.

Soldato

Edging looks rough like it’s been removed by someone with 4” nails. Back is covered in swirls and has scratched after a single wipe from a microfibres cloth.

Awful.

Have you removed the protective cover?

Caporegime

Awful.
Seems like I’m not the only one, mine was rough around the edges and had excess on the bottom lip.

Emailed them, sent pics to them and was told 3 weeks ago I would get a replacement case.

Still o sign of it so will be emailing them again tomo morning and asking them where my new case is.

Might be worth doing that but yes after a day or 2 the back of my clear case was full of scratches etc.

For a £25 case it is probably the worst case I’ve ever had.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Seems like I’m not the only one, mine was rough around the edges and had excess on the bottom lip.

Emailed them, sent pics to them and was told 3 weeks ago I would get a replacement case.

Still o sign of it so will be emailing them again tomo morning and asking them where my new case is.

Might be worth doing that but yes after a day or 2 the back of my clear case was full of scratches etc.

For a £25 case it is probably the worst case I’ve ever had.
I emailed them when I got home from work but no response yet.

The plastic is very soft, so it feels nice in the hand and it does indeed look "invisible" but it is scratches way too easily for me.

My Torras ultra thin case is going back on tonight. I will ask for a refund from Bare.

Associate
I'm thinking about upgrading my 6S to an XR. Does anyone know if the dual sim function allows one sim to be disabled temporarily? I have a work and personal phone and when I dont want to be bothered with work, I just carry the personal phone. I'm thinking if I can disable the work sim and leave the esim enabled, that would save me from carrying 2 phones. I would get a new personal number on the esim.

Does that sound like how it might work?

Been using an Esim on mine since the release of ios 12.1. Yes you can disable the Esim but not the regular sim.

edit: spelling

Back
Top Bottom