The Last Kingdom - new series for BBC based on Bernard Cornwell's Saxon stories

Soldato
I watched Season 3 as well over the weekend. This is right up there with Game of Thrones from an entertainment point of view. No announcement of Season 4 yet but there are more books to cover so it is almost certain there will be more to come.

Associate
Question for anyone who reads the books as well, how close are the adaptations? Loved the series, already binged season 3 and I'm eager for more, just wondering if it's a Game of Thrones type deal where season 1 was so close you could pretty much jump into book 2 based on the show alone or if it's just seriously broad strokes.

Soldato
Question for anyone who reads the books as well, how close are the adaptations? Loved the series, already binged season 3 and I'm eager for more, just wondering if it's a Game of Thrones type deal where season 1 was so close you could pretty much jump into book 2 based on the show alone or if it's just seriously broad strokes.
I'll be honest and say I only watched the first 2 episodes of the TV adaptation. I didn't watch anymore becuase it didn't do the book justice and skipped a fair bit (and I didn't think it was cast all that well). The books aren't like GoT which have a huge amount of buildup and slow story progression. There are many more chracters in GoT who get "air time" whilst The Last Kingdom is basically just Uhtred, so the books are half as long as GoT books.

Soldato

There's a core of the story that is the same but there are massive areas of divergence, a certain incident early on in Season 3 being by far the biggest one yet.

Soldato
https://winteriscoming.net/2018/12/21/last-kingdom-renewed-season-4/

Renewed for a 4th season :)

The Last Kingdom season 3 represented a step up for the series — it had more episodes and a bigger budget than before, and seemed to be more widely watched. It only makes sense that Netflix has renewed it for season 4! Star Alexander Dreymon, who plays lead character Uhtred of Bebbanburg, broke the news in a video posted on The Last Kingdom Twitter account

Back
Top Bottom