Mobo/Disconnect problem

Associate
Hope this is in the right section, basically I have a problem where I seem to get mini disconnects... In games I will lag spike massively or just d/c for on server. It will also be noticeable when browsing the web or watching twitch streams with things just hanging up for a few seconds!

This doesn't happen on my PS4 , only when pc gaming so I'm assuming it's a pc problem. Both are wired connections.

Mobo is a gigabyte gaming 7 I think, could it be network port? I have tried a different ethernet cable. It has a killer network card, as those are the driver... Have updated them also

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas!?

Cheers

J.B

J.B

Soldato
Are the PS4 and the PC connected in the same way? Sharing a switch etc? Might need a bit more info on your network setup. You could try a different port on your switch/router.

If it were me I'd probably spend £10 on a new NIC, just to help diagnose the problem.

Associate
OP
Are the PS4 and the PC connected in the same way? Sharing a switch etc? Might need a bit more info on your network setup. You could try a different port on your switch/router.

If it were me I'd probably spend £10 on a new NIC, just to help diagnose the problem.

So can i buy a NIC seperate? i thought it had to be built into the mobo (im dumb with this stuff sorry)

Basically the pc and ps4 are connected via different ports to my sky q router.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
In that case you could try putting it in different ports on your router but I would be surprised if that that was the issue. If you're feeling fancy you can get an Intel PRO NIC for £25 or so, or even a cheap TP-Link for £10 will probably be fine, just make sure you have a spare PCIE slot.

It's possible that it is not that network card and something else with the computer but I guess this is as good a place as any to start.

Back
Top Bottom