Hannspree HG324QJB 32" 1440p 144hz Adaptive Sync

Soldato
So i just stumbled upon this monitor when doing the daily browser for new tech. Its suppose to be a fairly new addition to the market and therefor no reviews outside of 2 on youtube that has been utterly useless. Ive had a viewsonic 32inch ips panel but ended up returning it only due to the 75hz limit i had on it. This however ticks all the right boxes:

32inch,
1440p,
144hz,
IPS, VA product page is wrong click here for correct information :(
Cost nothing compared to the competition.

So i wondered if anyone has some information about it, preferable some hands on experience. My only gripe with it so fare is the red color at the bottom of the screen but i could live with that if the rest is stellar.

New-HG-Gaming-Monitors-From-Hannspree-Positions.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, hello....
I believe this one just came out. Cannot see anyone have bought it yet, but I see myself given the price.

@Phixsator is you speak Italian (use translate subtiles)

And an English speaking one

Seems the screen is superb.

Last edited:
Associate
That's interesting, hm, wonder if I should ditch the idea of the ASUS MG279Q now that there's 1 other option for 27"+, 1440p, 144Hz, Freesync, IPS.

Soldato
OP
Well im going to see if i can find the money somehow and if i can im gonna give it a go. It seems to good to pass really and my 24" tn dell is just lagging in so many areas.

You can always paint it. :)
Given the sub £400 price, that red is OK.

My thoughts exactly, if i like it and 100% its a keeper then i will most likely just put black tape over the red bottom bar or something..

Soldato
OP
Okay something is off with this monitor, qouted contrast ratio is 3000:1 which would be VA territory and response times are qouted to be 2ms. Usually IPS panels are qouted to be 4 or 5 ms. Yet the product page says AH-IPS. I am going to be so darn sad if this really is a VA panel

EDIT: its a VA, darn it, look here for the full spec sheet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Okay something is off with this monitor, qouted contrast ratio is 3000:1 which would be VA territory and response times are qouted to be 2ms. Usually IPS panels are qouted to be 4 or 5 ms. Yet the product page says AH-IPS. I am going to be so darn sad if this really is a VA panel

EDIT: its a VA, darn it, look here for the full spec sheet.

The reviewers saying is IPS. The company says is IPS

https://www.hannspree-gaming-hg324qjb.com/#homepage.A

The HANNspree HG324QJB features a LED-backlit HS-IPS panel with a 178° ultra-wide viewing angle on both horizontal and vertical planes, thereby minimizing colour shift even when viewed from extreme angles. that minimizes colour shift on both horizontal and vertical planes to ensure quality visuals from almost any direction.

Yet you believe a third part website?

Soldato
OP
The reviewers saying is IPS. The company says is IPS

https://www.hannspree-gaming-hg324qjb.com/#homepage.A

Yet you believe a third part website?

Yes i do and here is why, no ips monitor without local dimming is adverticed as 3000:1 contrast ratio(or higher), IPS panels also arn't adverticed as having 2ms response times but the final and biggest nail in the coffin for me would be the posts i've found talking about the fact that there isn't even a curved 32inch ips panel in production that is capable of 144hz. I'm sure @Baddass would be able to confirm or deny this. If this was truly an IPS monitor then it would be the first of its kind factoring in size and hz. I would imagen it would cost more if this was the case now that i think of it. Don't get me wrong i hope by some miracle that i am wrong but i highly doubt it now.

Soldato
Yes i do and here is why, no ips monitor without local dimming is adverticed as 3000:1 contrast ratio(or higher), IPS panels also arn't adverticed as having 2ms response times but the final and biggest nail in the coffin for me would be the posts i've found talking about the fact that there isn't even a curved 32inch ips panel in production that is capable of 144hz. I'm sure @Baddass would be able to confirm or deny this. If this was truly an IPS monitor then it would be the first of its kind factoring in size and hz. I would imagen it would cost more if this was the case now that i think of it. Don't get me wrong i hope by some miracle that i am wrong but i highly doubt it now.

So you call liers the owners (check the English review), reviewers, the company and the sellers?

Soldato
So you call liers the owners (check the English review), reviewers, the company and the sellers?

This is about logical thinking, which Phixsator is doing here. Look at the facts:

1) All current 31.5" curved high refresh rate 2560 x 1440 models on the market use VA panels. Usually a variant of a Samsung SVA panel, otherwise (BenQ EX3203R) a similar AUO derivative.
2) It isn't unheard of for manufacturers to make a mistake on official product pages or even spec sheets. Copy and paste errors are prevalent.
3) Hannspree have been out of the game with monitors like this for a long time, making errors like this more likely even at press release and post-press stage.
4) They state a 3000:1 static contrast ratio and a colour gamut which coincides very strongly with the 31.5" VA options and completely rules out use of an IPS panel.
5) Reviewers etc. are not 'lying', they have been mislead by the specifications or so-called facts provided by the manufacturer. Much as you have.
6) Last but not least; there are no IPS-type panels of this size and refresh rate in known production let alone on the market.

Given the above, it's fair to conclude this is a VA panel. Believing anything else is naive and a set-up for disappointment.

Soldato
OP
Coming on a little strong there buddy :), never called anyone a liar, misunderstandings can happen and most "review" these days anyway are just a read of the spec sheet and an endorsement. Very few people/"reviewers" actually know what to look for or how to test. There is a reason why a lot of these youtubers are called influencers and not reviewers/journalists.

This is about logical thinking, which Phixsator is doing here. Look at the facts:

1) All current 31.5" curved high refresh rate 2560 x 1440 models on the market use VA panels. Usually a variant of a Samsung SVA panel, otherwise (BenQ EX3203R) a similar AUO derivative.
2) It isn't unheard of for manufacturers to make a mistake on official product pages or even spec sheets. Copy and paste errors are prevalent.
3) Hannspree have been out of the game with monitors like this for a long time, making errors like this more likely even at press release and post-press stage.
4) They state a 3000:1 static contrast ratio and a colour gamut which coincides very strongly with the 31.5" VA options and completely rules out use of an IPS panel.
5) Reviewers etc. are not 'lying', they have been mislead by the specifications or so-called facts provided by the manufacturer. Much as you have.
6) Last but not least; there are no IPS-type panels of this size and refresh rate in known production let alone on the market.

Given the above, it's fair to conclude this is a VA panel. Believing anything else is naive and a set-up for disappointment.

Well i guess you summed it up better than i could.

Soldato
OP
Has anyone bought it? More likely I will get one near Xmas time
I'm considering getting one but I want to see if there's any other monitor bargains to be had during Black Friday on November 23rd first.

Please return and give your opinions about it if you end up getting one. I am in particular interested in the pixel response of the darker transitions aka the typical va dark smearing/trailing

Associate
I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with it.

So my old Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC for comparison.

JYdaPhF.png.jpg

wexhJGc.png.jpg

40vLqCE.png.jpg
BtR2wBw.png.jpg
jtoTnMG.png.jpg
pRpaBdP.png.jpg

The slight glow in the bottom right is some light come in from the curtain (As you can see the bottom bezel is lit up).
But no backlight bleed, and a pretty nice dark image.
G7OMl8w.png.jpg

Gaming - So as i own a GTX 1080Ti, I was debating whether to buy a monitor with G-sync, but I was in doubt that I really needed it.
So screen tearing with Vsync off. So in these games I've tested - Mirrors Edge Catalyst, Mass effect Andromeda, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Project Cars 2, RaceRoom, Hitman 2, Day of defeat, My FPS was anything from 120fps to 300fps and there was no noticeable screen tearing.

Only in Mafia 3 did I get bad screen tearing with Vsync off. But bare in mind it will only run at 60fps with Vsync on, where there is no screen tearing.
So it seems to me that G-sync would only be an advantage in older titles that only support up to 60hz.
From more modern games, now that 144Hz monitors are starting to become more mainstream, the newer titles like Hitman 2 and ACC seem to show that G-sync is not needed.

Now I have very fussy eyes, and from my Philips Monitor I was getting fed up with the so called 5ms response and the ghosting I was seeing was pretty bad. But now owning this monitor, there is no ghosting from the typical mouse use in games.

My conclusion, this monitor is a bargain for what you get. Yes the red looks worst in the pics, but sitting here in front of me, it's a matte metallic red, which does look quite stylish. So the pics don't give the monitor justice.
The bottom of the stand is Aluminium, where as the mid section is the typical outer plastic with a metal structure inside.

So I highly recommend this monitor, and especially for those that are sitting on the edge wondering if they really need G-sync.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom