• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD BLACK FRIDAY: MASSIVE DISCOUNTS ON VEGA & RX PLUS RX 590 IS HERE & UPTO THREE GAMES FREE !!!

Associate
ordered a Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 8Gb yesterday, coming tomorrow :)
how does the free games thing work, I had no option to choose which ones I wanted, or will all be revealed when I unbox it.

Associate
How do the Gigabyte and Asus cards compare to the Sapphire?

It seems I've missed out on the better Sapphire deal but since I'm leaning towards a Vega64 now I'm tempted to jump on the Gigabyte or the Asus if they perform alright.

OcUK Staff
OP
Does the mid/lower range cards trigger the game bundle?

Yes 570 and 580 have two games. 560 and lower NO games.

How do the Gigabyte and Asus cards compare to the Sapphire?

It seems I've missed out on the better Sapphire deal but since I'm leaning towards a Vega64 now I'm tempted to jump on the Gigabyte or the Asus if they perform alright.

Sapphire - Best performance on 64.
Asus - Quietest of the Vega's but slowest due to VRM temps.
Gigabyte - Sits in middle.

On 56 however they all perform quite similar, but on 64 Sapphire is best performance and Asus is quietest.

OcUK Staff
OP
Bad salesmanship Gibbo :p

The Asus Strix is *cough* the ideal card for modders who want to get a big performance boost with their tweaking ;P

Just honesty, simple fact is Asus always sells like the best, because its Asus, only the members here generally are more savvy and look at other brands.

Associate

On 56 however they all perform quite similar, but on 64 Sapphire is best performance and Asus is quietest.

When you say the Asus is the slowest, how much slower is it? Are we talking marginal 1-2% or is it quite a bit slower?

OcUK Staff
OP
When you say the Asus is the slowest, how much slower is it? Are we talking marginal 1-2% or is it quite a bit slower?

Around reference performance levels un-modded or not using under-volt. Can't put percentage on it.

However just like with all Vegas if you undervolt them they perform faster, run cooler and run quieter, they are quite unique when it comes to overclocking but in a very good way. Plus AMD drivers and the chill and wattman functions which are really very cool.

Associate
You have to look at it this way: Sapphire is AMD only maker. So their focus is to make best card possible to make sure they survive among big boys, as they don't really have many other income sources. Majority of their products are around AMD. ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI have their fingers in tone of other things and are also making cards for market dominant nVidia, so their AMD cards are not the main source of income.
You cannot make great products if you are stretching yourself think, and try to be part of all the markets.
I always look first to Sapphire when I buy a new GPU, and if they are not available I start looking at others.

Associate
ordered a Sapphire RX 570 Nitro+ 8Gb yesterday, coming tomorrow :)
Nice, ordered my sapphire vega 56 on Friday, no word from ocuk on order status over the weekend or Monday so called today and was informed they've over sold on this card. Was told there might be some stock next week but they can't guarantee it. The bloke on the phone said it would be mid dec otherwise. Debating whether to ask for a refund. Thing I'm most annoyed about is that they take the money quickly enough and charge £9.99 for next day delivery.... Wonder if that would be refunded as it clearly won't be next day if and when it eventually arrives .

Associate

I have to say the Sapphire Pulse 56 really quiet and very cool. With a bit of easy tinkering with wattman, you can get a lot better performance and efficiency when compared to its at stock. Cheers for the Deal.

C

Soldato
@Gibbo Sapphire Vega 56 is showing ETA 31st December on the shop now. Is that just for stock at £338.99 or for those that pre-ordered at £300 too?

Appreciate you said mid December already, just wondering if that 31st is new info as I hadn't spotted it before.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo Sapphire Vega 56 is showing ETA 31st December on the shop now. Is that just for stock at £338.99 or for those that pre-ordered at £300 too?

Appreciate you said mid December already, just wondering if that 31st is new info as I hadn't spotted it before.

Mid December, webshop has later ETAs to avoid disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom