CPU, RAM, SSD BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER MONDAY DEALS!!

Soldato
Thanks - That makes my basket considerably cheaper, since the bundle with the 2700 comes with a cooler too. It ends up looking like this (I'd quite like the performance on the m.2 SSDs so I've added one in, i'll put games on the 480gb SSD that comes free with it):

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £659.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)
Looks like a solid upgrade (tempted to get this myself as well, my PC's upgrade is long overdue as well :D)

You are getting a full platform upgrade (no including the NVMe Solid State Drive) for the cost of a 9900K CPU :p

Associate
2700x bundle looks great, looks a good swap from the old 3570k. Would be perfect if it came with a PSU instead of the SSD as already have two 250gb

Caporegime
@Gibbo no amd 2600 bundle deals?

Currently I could get 2600, MSI tomahawk b450, team vulcan 8GB RAM for £300 elsewhere (bought separately)..... And those prices aren't even deals.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo no amd 2600 bundle deals?

Currently I could get 2600, MSI tomahawk b450, team vulcan 8GB RAM for £300 elsewhere (bought separately)..... And those prices aren't even deals.

Yes this one:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ram-free-240gb-ssd-online-only-bu-01f-am.html

It is £360, but its a far better X370 Strix board, also 3000MHz RAM and their is an SSD included too.

If your really on a budget then go with the other option, were not doing a B450 bundle.

Caporegime
Yes this one:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ram-free-240gb-ssd-online-only-bu-01f-am.html

It is £360, but its a far better X370 Strix board, also 3000MHz RAM and their is an SSD included too.

If your really on a budget then go with the other option, were not doing a B450 bundle.

Thanks.

I have the vega 56 on pre-order for £300, if I were wanting to get this as well, is there any way I could add this to the vega 56 pre order in order to avoid having separate orders (since I live in NI, I would have to pay for delivery)

OcUK Staff
OP
Thanks.

I have the vega 56 on pre-order for £300, if I were wanting to get this as well, is there any way I could add this to the vega 56 pre order in order to avoid having separate orders (since I live in NI, I would have to pay for delivery)

Yeah just call sales, they can in theory add it to your back order. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi gibbo I asked earlier will you be doing any offers on freesync monitors

Cheers

We have loads already on offer, in Black Friday section, seriously guys go and browse the webshop, BLACK FRIDAY SECTION, there is a whole section full of monitor deals and some have sold out already, you need to be checking webshop daily as I won't be posting every deal here.

Associate
We have loads already on offer, in Black Friday section, seriously guys go and browse the webshop, BLACK FRIDAY SECTION, there is a whole section full of monitor deals and some have sold out already, you need to be checking webshop daily as I won't be posting every deal here.

@Gibbo sorry I'll go have a look I was wrongly under the impression you were announcing the deals as they were going live

Associate
Thanks - That makes my basket considerably cheaper, since the bundle with the 2700 comes with a cooler too. It ends up looking like this (I'd quite like the performance on the m.2 SSDs so I've added one in, i'll put games on the 480gb SSD that comes free with it):

Total: £659.05 (includes shipping: £11.10)

I just ordered this, with the bundle at £578.96, just to see the price go down to £511.97 the next day!
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ram-free-480gb-ssd-online-only-bu-01g-am.html - £511.97

Looks like a great deal. I've opened up a web note to try to change my order since it hasn't yet been shipped and is in awaiting payment status. :D. Good timing!

Also, thanks @Marine-RX179 for the great tip - I'm much happier with this upgrade than the 9900k given the price. Really looking forwards to it. Even better if I do get it for the £511 price!

Soldato
I just ordered this, with the bundle at £578.96, just to see the price go down to £511.97 the next day!
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...ram-free-480gb-ssd-online-only-bu-01g-am.html - £511.97

Looks like a great deal. I've opened up a web note to try to change my order since it hasn't yet been shipped and is in awaiting payment status. :D. Good timing!

Also, thanks @Marine-RX179 for the great tip - I'm much happier with this upgrade than the 9900k given the price. Really looking forwards to it. Even better if I do get it for the £511 price!
Em...I think you might need to get in touch with customer service to changed your order, as the £511 is the 8GB memory option and the £578 is the 16GB memory option.

But truth be told 8GB is still enough for gaming and general use at the moment (so longer you are not gaming with like 40 browser tabs in the background :p), and you could always add another stick of 8GB later down the line. However can't really say how easy or how difficult it is to find another matching 8GB memory for dual-channel in the future.

Associate
Em...I think you might need to get in touch with customer service to changed your order, as the £511 is the 8GB memory option and the £578 is the 16GB memory option.

But truth be told 8GB is still enough for gaming and general use at the moment (so longer you are not gaming with like 40 browser tabs in the background :p), and you could always add another stick of 8GB later down the line. However can't really say how easy or how difficult it is to find another matching 8GB memory for dual-channel in the future.

I got rather confused because you are right, I was comparing the 16gb bundle to the 8gb bundle.

The 16gb bundle isn't £511.97, but is £578.96.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with the pricing though, because at the moment the parts separately cost less than the bundle.

I think what I've now been charged is actually the sum of all the parts, each on their own discount.

Total: £578.96 (includes shipping: £0.00)

VS

Total: £558.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

But then the bundle is actually better value, as it comes with the free SSD, assuming it's worth £20 to you (It is to me). I realise that means it's not free at the moment, but it seems like a really good deal anyway.

I think the difference is down to the memory discount not being part of the bundle (That's £20.04 cheaper because of black friday: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-grey-tlgd416g30-my-087-tg.html).

I can imagine when there are discounts on multiple different individual items, it's difficult to sort out all the bundle prices too so that the bundles are updated with the same discounts.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got rather confused because you are right, I was comparing the 16gb bundle to the 8gb bundle.

The 16gb bundle isn't £511.97, but is £578.96.

I'm not quite sure what's going on with the pricing though, because at the moment the parts separately cost less than the bundle.

I think what I've now been charged is actually the sum of all the parts, each on their own discount.

Total: £578.96 (includes shipping: £0.00)

VS

Total: £558.93 (includes shipping: £0.00)

But then the bundle is actually better value, as it comes with the free SSD, assuming it's worth £20 to you (It is to me). I realise that means it's not free at the moment, but it seems like a really good deal anyway.

I think the difference is down to the memory discount not being part of the bundle (That's £20.04 cheaper because of black friday: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...al-channel-kit-grey-tlgd416g30-my-087-tg.html).

I can imagine when there are discounts on multiple different individual items, it's difficult to sort out all the bundle prices too so that the bundles are updated with the same discounts.
Yea. Besides the memory, the 2700x CPU also has dropped in price for Black Friday as well, thus why the bundle discount don't seem as impressive. But yea like you said, the the SSD is a good bonus in terms of value if you have use for it.

OcUK Staff
OP
Back
Top Bottom