bet365 boss pays herself £265 MILLION

Caporegime
No problem with this at all. I have the utmost respect for this person who saw the future growth of digital gambling and exploited it. Capitalist success story.

The losers that can't control their gambling need to find something else to blame, as if digital gambling disappeared they'd be down the high street bookies instead and Mr Hill would be paying himself that money.

Soldato
Any company that is capable of generating that amount of profit should raise an eyebrow. The fundamental core of capitalism means it shouldn't be possible.

If you've ever met a gambler then you'll realise why this lady is a billionaire. The only difference between her and a drug lord is the jail time.

If this is an acceptable way to generate tax revenue then you might at well raise the base rate to 90% and be done with it.

Caporegime
If you've ever met a gambler then you'll realise why this lady is a billionaire. The only difference between her and a drug lord is the jail time.

That and the minor detail that what she's doing is perfectly legal :confused:? What a silly comment.

Your comment about 'shouldn't be possible' also needs explanation.

I'm sure this lady would say that if people are going to gamble, they're better off doing it with large companies like Bet365 who will adhere to industry guidelines and provide the environment to enable control of problem gambling.

Soldato
That and the minor detail that what she's doing is perfectly legal :confused:? What a silly comment.

Ask yourself why one is legal and the other isn't, that's the point I'm making. These companies are profiteering from addiction and illness.They don't just sit there taking the money, they facilitate it through advertising and underhand tactics. There are people who think that gambling goes hand in hand with watching any sport. The point you make about it being legal is actually the silly point to make, they used to say that about cigarette sales.

Your comment about 'shouldn't be possible' also needs explanation.

When a company in such a competitive sector makes so much profit, then the normal parameters are clearly skewed. If you look at the books of all the big gambling companies you'll see a similar "success" story.

This is profit from illness, and the gambling companies create, normalise and facilitate the illness just like the tobacco companies did. It's becoming a truly massive problem due to the evolution in online gambling, and these profits are a clear indicator.

Man of Honour
Good luck to her. She built and run it. It's hers.
Is it perverse that someone can earn so much when poor people n stuff, perhaps. But we chose a capitalist state and system and that is what happens when you do. Very few poeple could do what she has done, but many people seem to think what she has done is nothing special and anyone could do it. I find that odd and I have no issue with her renumeration because capatlism n stuff.

Soldato
come on people, this is a successful woman.... This addresses the gender pay gap so many liberals harp on about. Anyone making negative comments are sexist, misogynistic neanderthals....

#Knowtheliberalrules

:)

Caporegime
But how can you just decide she’s a drug abuser. You have no proof, you’re just showing prejudice, which is something I thought you hated.

I'm making a wild assumption based on what a large swath of wealthy people do, she needn't abuse a drug to use it regardless. Not that this is even relevant, i was being hyperbolic. You can call it envy all you like, i really don't care. She's as guilty as the fat folks who sit on a stool all day in the local boozer for the state of this country.

Soldato
At least now the highest paid person in the country is a woman we can finally put an end to the equal pay for woman (regardless of the jobs they do) agenda of positive discrimination.

Or do we only reach the state of "equality" when every woman is paid more than a man ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think fair play to her. She would have busted her ass off to get there, and it's her company. Private company, nothing to do with shareholders outside of their boardroom, so who gives a crap? The company is doing $$$ and it's no one's business but theirs. If it was tax payers money, like the whole bail out the banks with public funds for them to continue to pay ridiculous bonuses, but it's not. It's hers.

Instead of inciting jealousy, it should show people that it is possible! But that's not the way the UK works, it's alright for everyone else, woe is me.

Man of Honour
Living in Stoke I know several people who work there and they are paid a great wage.
A friends nephew works in the 'hacking department' and he can employ anybody he wants and order any equipment he wants at any price as long as it stops hacking.
He's on a six figure sum with loads of perks.

Anyway, it's her money, good on her.

Associate
I really hate stories like this....

Is she performing? Yes. Are they continuing to grow? Yes. Did what I presume is a board sign off on this? Almost certainly.

It's their business, simple. Nothing but jealousy drives debates/stories like this. And yes of course it's an obscene amount of money.

Exactly. A bunch of self righteous *****, just focus on whats important to you.

Caporegime
Living in Stoke I know several people who work there and they are paid a great wage.
A friends nephew works in the 'hacking department' and he can employ anybody he wants and order any equipment he wants at any price as long as it stops hacking.
He's on a six figure sum with loads of perks.

Anyway, it's her money, good on her.
Indeed , I know a few there also.

One person I know worked for them and wanted to go around the world traveling and asked if she could have unpaid leave for six months, she got paid leave for the entire duration and her job was waiting when she returned!

They have a very good reputation as an employer in Stoke which is very much justified.

Soldato
I'm making a wild assumption based on what a large swath of wealthy people do, she needn't abuse a drug to use it regardless. Not that this is even relevant, i was being hyperbolic. You can call it envy all you like, i really don't care. She's as guilty as the fat folks who sit on a stool all day in the local boozer for the state of this country.

A typically low brow, bigoted attitude.... Tar everyone with the same brush. no doubt 'your wild assumptions' attitude dictates you think all Muslims are terrorists as you think all people with a bit of money are drug users.

Sad and shameful.

Caporegime
Ask yourself why one is legal and the other isn't, that's the point I'm making. These companies are profiteering from addiction and illness.They don't just sit there taking the money, they facilitate it through advertising and underhand tactics. There are people who think that gambling goes hand in hand with watching any sport. The point you make about it being legal is actually the silly point to make, they used to say that about cigarette sales.

Right so let's ban pubs then and liken landlords to drug lords. Let's stop the directors of Mitchell and Butlers paying themselves for their commercial success. After all, promoting happy hours is profiteering from addiction and illness. Let's make anything that happens to profit from addiction illegal, like painkillers.

You must surely know that the legislative approach to cannabis is being relaxed in many countries. Where's the line between drug lord and pharmacologist? That's right - legislation.

You can't unfortunately provide for every idiot in society. Many people enjoy gambling (and drinking) as a casual hobby and know when enough's enough. Those that don't know when to stop - we need to help them of course, but legislation and hampering industrial entrepreneurship isn't the answer to everything.

Caporegime
Ocuk’s attitude towards rich people:-

1 - oh you used legal ways to avoid paying taxes?! You tax dodger!!! You need to pay your dues!

2 - oh you pay your taxes? You should give more to charity then.

3 - oh you pay your taxes and gives millions to charity? You need to pay your employees better bonuses even though I have no idea how much they get.

4 - oh you pay your taxes, gives millions to charity and pays your employee good bonuses. Well you look like you fell down and hit the ugly tree.

haha, spot on

Back
Top Bottom