Gran Turismo "Sport"

Soldato
Sorry to bump this thread for a simple question

How fleshed out is the single player "story mode" part of the game now? I take it its nowhere near the GT games of old still right?

Do you still get the feeling of starting with an old civic, saving up for a turbo to stick on it, saving up for skyline, then saving up for supercars sort of feel? Or is it just not that kind of game anymore?

Associate
Not really. Although I do play a lot of single player getting gold on all the challenges & laps etc. I play this more that multiplayer tbh. There is quite a bit to do & it gets updated also.

Soldato

How fleshed out is the single player "story mode" part of the game now? I take it its nowhere near the GT games of old still right?

Do you still get the feeling of starting with an old civic, saving up for a turbo to stick on it, saving up for skyline, then saving up for supercars sort of feel? Or is it just not that kind of game anymore?

Nope, nothing like the old classic GT games sadly. They've veered to far from that formula

Associate

Any car games exist like this for the Playstation?

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? Really enjoying it so much that I've a G29 on the way. But, the one thing which is a real pain are the penalties. I just got punted from behind over the apex of a chicane and got a 3 second penalty... I'm guessing the game thinks i gained an advantage by 'cutting' a corner? :rolleyes: Seems to happen a lot, anything I can do to minimize this?

Thanks.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Anyone still playing this? Really enjoying it so much that I've a G29 on the way. But, the one thing which is a real pain are the penalties. I just got punted from behind over the apex of a chicane and got a 3 second penalty... I'm guessing the game thinks i gained an advantage by 'cutting' a corner? :rolleyes: Seems to happen a lot, anything I can do to minimize this?

Thanks.
Penalty system is improved from release state, but ramming still happens. Chicanes unfortunately are a common place to get rammed, happened to me on Suzuka earlier.

Soldato
Penalty system is improved from release state, but ramming still happens. Chicanes unfortunately are a common place to get rammed, happened to me on Suzuka earlier.
Some races are really tidy but others are like demolition derby, i just can't get my head around the penalty system though. Get rammed over an apex and get 3 or 4 seconds added and the guy behind seems to get zero, it's bizarre. Still a really nice driving experience though and enjoying it.

Associate

Thanks.
I know exactly what you mean

https://youtu.be/A7YLYSk3akU

Associate
The sound of the cars lets this game down for me. They all seem to have the same ‘whine’ that they clearly wouldn’t all have. Haven’t played it for a while though so not sure if it’s been improved?

Don
Thread revival, I was thinking of picking up a G29 as everyone is selling them, I suspect they won't work with the PS5 like Logitech did with the older version on the PS3. Is it worth it? I loved GTS, I was hoping this would get me back playing it.

Associate
Thread revival, I was thinking of picking up a G29 as everyone is selling them, I suspect they won't work with the PS5 like Logitech did with the older version on the PS3. Is it worth it? I loved GTS, I was hoping this would get me back playing it.

I've got one, and it's really good.

I use it on the PC for Assetto Corsa/Competizione as well, well worth a buy if you're not interested in spending a ton of money.

Don
Love GTSport with my G29 and PlaySeat Challenge

That being said, it's still a very playable/fun game with a pad. Which is testament to the dev team tbh

I've been watching a lot of vids/guides on YT. It seems there isn't much difference between the pad and wheel until you start with the realism settings, tires and such.

There's still a lot of people playing the game which is good news.

Soldato
I've been watching a lot of vids/guides on YT. It seems there isn't much difference between the pad and wheel until you start with the realism settings, tires and such.

There's still a lot of people playing the game which is good news.

Only difference between settings for me on Wheel/Pad is that I run Traction Control on 1 for the fastest RWD cars because accurate throttle control is more difficult on a pad

Everything else I have off (apart from ABS). I am quicker on a wheel, but mainly because I can modulate the steering/throttle/brakes that bit better, making things smoother.

Still enjoying the daily sport races and FIA seasons. Penalties are still annoying sometimes, especially when it's me that gets rammed off track, I lose a bunch of time and THEN get hit with a time penalty too. Arrrg

Back
Top Bottom