Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Soldato
Caporegime
I defo get more crema from my bottomless than I do from the spout(s).

Most valuable though is the inspecting. If it's coming out in all kinds of directions/spitting there's summat up with your grind/distribution - which is something a spout would not let you see.

BUT - don't start getting perfectionist on it. You'll just waste a tonne of coffee if you do.

Soldato
I haven't used the included since i got the BpF and yes most definitely handy for bigger cups under it.

remember the first time i used it, got a small jet of coffee spraying from the side, without thinking i put my hand in the way to stop my white tiles looking grotty........ very hot!

Soldato
The blind portafilters a bit difficult for charging&compacting uniformly though I find .. you have no spout to rest on ?

as opposed to a large mug too .. I want to see a picture of a narrow knecked cup, with a white unmarked hankerchief beneath, as proof of competency.

Rave have a small BF offer .. not as good as last 20% off offer ...any better deals
Here's a reminder of how it works
  • Buy one get one at 25% off
  • Discount code not required
  • The offer will automatically apply to the lowest value items in the cart
  • This offer excludes green coffee and coffee subscriptions
  • Offer valid on Friday 23rd & Monday 26th November only

following other thread discussion on glass cups .. did wonder about these
https://www.lorespresso.com/en_gb/shop/accessories/2-espresso-cups
girls advertising them on tv.

Soldato
Personally i'd say its easier as you can easily lay it flat on the edge of a counter top
for all PF's they generally have some dribbles, after pre-flush, so mine is usually in worktop middle above a (clean) dishcloth ....
PF handles on Bezerra point down a bit and naked PF lip has to be supported a couple of inches to make it level ... um .. a wood offcut would be good.

Torn now between this and the Duo Temp Pro
prices may drop more with the new models, watch the coffeeforums deals threads ... faster than we are
a eureka mignon grinder ~£200, should be a sound/attractive accompanying investment - I don't know if the sageBE would grind filter well too?

Back
Top Bottom