Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Slightly OT, but where do you recommend buying suits from? Most places on the high street I find are a terrible fit; too tight around shoulders+chest and/or too loose around the waist, and I'm a fairly ordinary 42" chest. Unless you're expecting people to get them altered, then I my excuse for a poorly fitting suit is the cost!
It's not expensive to get a suit altered enough to simply stop it looking awful.

Soldato
Slightly OT, but where do you recommend buying suits from? Most places on the high street I find are a terrible fit; too tight around shoulders+chest and/or too loose around the waist, and I'm a fairly ordinary 42" chest. Unless you're expecting people to get them altered, then I my excuse for a poorly fitting suit is the cost!

The last 3 suits I have bought from Hawes and Curtis, they have some great offers from time to time and are on par when in terms of quality with TM Lewin and Charles Trywitt in my opinion. Many people in my office also use Suit Supply but you'll be looking at around £300 + alterations per suit. I'd rather have 2/3 lower quality suits I can alternate rather than 1 expensive one.

Most places don't charge the earth for alterations. Hawes and Curtis charge £10 for each alteration, you'll need to spend £10 on the trouser length for a start. Luckily I've found the slim suits fit me really well so that's the only alteration I require. However, it's well worth spending an extra £20-30 to have the jacket taken in properly as it makes such a difference.

I'm quite a big fan of check suits at the moment, recently bought a windowpane check suit and got lots of comments about it.

Soldato
I Bought a van :D

44190806900_cd44e760f5_b_d.jpg

45282565814_95fc3142a1_b_d.jpg

2010 Toyota Alphard V 3.5l V6

Bought it to use as a courtesy vehicle for the business, going to get it sign written soon. It's basically a Lexus van :D

Soldato
Lol it just seemed like an odd comment unless you spend a lot of time in a LHD country and missed RHD :p

Or were you not aware that NZ & Aus are RHD countries?

However, it is a Japanese import, which are also RHD :D

It's got an nice Alpine 9" head unit with external monitor in the rear for the passengers, however, everything is in Japanese, and i can't see any options to change to English, this is a common thing for over here though, about 80% of the cars on the road here in NZ are Japanese imports so we just learn to live with it.
I know it's a company vehicle, but i am really tempted to rip the rear seats out and make a camper out of it hehe.

32135638728_b26b8f4bc9_b_d.jpg

44190805050_0f31045b53_b_d.jpg

32135637748_c1f7c83d13_b_d.jpg

Soldato
However, it is a Japanese import, which are also RHD :D

It's got an nice Alpine 9" head unit with external monitor in the rear for the passengers, however, everything is in Japanese, and i can't see any options to change to English, this is a common thing for over here though, about 80% of the cars on the road here in NZ are Japanese imports so we just learn to live with it.
I know it's a company vehicle, but i am really tempted to rip the rear seats out and make a camper out of it hehe.

32135638728_b26b8f4bc9_b_d.jpg

44190805050_0f31045b53_b_d.jpg

32135637748_c1f7c83d13_b_d.jpg
That's pretty lush mate. Just spent 10 days in Japan and can confirm they love their high-end Toyota vans :D

Soldato
Lol it just seemed like an odd comment unless you spend a lot of time in a LHD country and missed RHD :p

Or were you not aware that NZ & Aus are RHD countries?

It was nice to see RHD as there are few countries in world that are - Had a mate in US and we always argued who was first and my stand was RHD came before the US was born - That got him hopping a bit, Poor soul has passed now so got to wait till I meet up with him again to carry on the argument. :D

Soldato
ABlHav.jpg

Acer Predator 27" monitor to replace my 1080p 42" tv I have been using as a monitor for a few years. I wish I could find a way to use both as I much prefer the TV for single player games I want to get immersed in, but the monitor is better for general PC use and competitive fps. I just don't know how I'd then go about placing the speakers as they will be too far apart if I have the monitor and TV on the desk next to each other..

The only other option would be to get two sets of the smaller version of this Monitor Audio speaker and have a set for the TV and monitor. My amp has 4 speaker outputs, so I think that could work.

Back
Top Bottom