Refurb Screen Dead - Get Preadator X34P to replace?

Associate
Hi all,

So I recently updated my system to try and get back into a little bit of gaming in my study, Ryzen 2600 with 1080ti...

So was looking to get a curved ultra wide monitor to replace my standard 1440P Omen monitor and I came across some nice cheap 2nd hand ElectriQ 34CMUWQ60GAFS, 1440P ultrawide. Yes it’s 60Hz but I was happy for the price paid and it made me appreciate ultrawide! So that was only a few days ago, it had a few dings in it but it was only £280 so wasn’t too worried and it looked pretty good.

Then I noticed last night that it had some pretty bad banding on the left side of the screen, especially on blue backgrounds, its really distorted.

I’ve contacted the seller (essentially laptops direct) and asked for return and refund as this was not mentioned in any of the description of it. I then had a quick browse of some sites for a replacement and all I could find was upwards of 600 or 700, even 2nd hand ones!

I then randomly noticed a warehouse deal from some forestry type people and it was £585 for an Predator X34P! I quickly checked and even 2nd hand units were going for 650 - 750, so I thought lets order it quickly.

Was this the right choice? It has Gsync, 120Hz, sounds great, was it the right choice? I have the chance to cancel in the next day so if anyone has an idea that is better around the same sort of price then let me know!

Definitely loving the Ultrawide aspect though.

Soldato
I absolutely love my X34P! Can't recommend it highly enough, and for that price it's a superb buy IMO.

There's no other UW panel with the same specs for less than £1000 right now. The AW3418DW has pretty much the same specs, but with no OSD options to adjust gamma, which marks it down in my book. Otherwise you're looking at the new LG UWs, which are very expensive without offering a great deal more that I can see just wider colour gamut and a native rather than overclocked 120Hz for the panel, I think, unless I'm missing something else).

Back
Top Bottom