CPU fan error

Associate
Hello!

As title, I get the 'CPU fan error' when I try and boot my PC. But the CPU fan is spinning and appears to be working. It won't let me go any further other than into the BIOS, but there doesn't seem to be anything there to fix it. Motherboard is an ASUS Z97 with a haswell Xeon, and an arctic freezer 7 cpu fan.

So faulty CPU fan or motherboard problem?

Cheers!

Associate
OP
You got it plugged into the right header on the motherboard?

Cheers guys! Yep it's been plugged in working for years, just randomly happened one day. I've checked the connection and plugged/unplugged it and it seems ok.

In the BIOS it says CPU fan N/A but the occasionally flashes up with anything from 200 to 900rpm.....

Associate
OP
Ok I fixed it, just changed to fan profile in the BIOS to 100% all the time..... it doesn't seem to be noticeably louder so I'll leave it there for now.

However when I finally got it to boot it was horrendously slow. Like 10 minutes to load a game. Restarted it and seemed to be back to normal, maybe a tiny bit sluggish but ok. Not sure if it was like that before, not played my PC in months..... maybe something's on it's way out?!

Back
Top Bottom