• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Getting lower fps then i should...

Associate
Hey

My setup is i7 4790k running at 4.6ghz with 1070 ti. Got 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz. And my monitor is a lenovo y27g sync 144hz. Is it normal. Im only getting 90 fps Everything on low settings on battlefield 5?

Thanks

Soldato
What happens if you set everything to high / Max (whatever it is called in BFV)?

If the framerate doesn't really drop it could be an indication of a CPU bottleneck. If however it drops a corresponding amount (ie, what you would expect going from low to max) then something else if a foot.

Associate
OP
What happens if you set everything to high / Max (whatever it is called in BFV)?

If the framerate doesn't really drop it could be an indication of a CPU bottleneck. If however it drops a corresponding amount (ie, what you would expect going from low to max) then something else if a foot.
It drops to around 60 max.

Soldato
Are you running an overlay like MSI Afterburner (I believe BFV may also have a built in version) which shows your CPU,GPU & RAM usage?

If you are always pegged at 100% CPU but your GPU is never at 100% then again it could indicate a CPU bottleneck.

I don't have BFV to test but I have read that it loves CPU threads.

Associate
OP
Are you running an overlay like MSI Afterburner (I believe BFV may also have a built in version) which shows your CPU,GPU & RAM usage?

If you are always pegged at 100% CPU but your GPU is never at 100% then again it could indicate a CPU bottleneck.

Hmmm..is there an easy way to know this?

Associate
OP

Gpu is good. But CPU is fluctuating betern 30 and 50. Does this need to be stable?

Associate
OP
What happens when you stick the settings to ultra?

I notice your ram is 1600Mhz.... that's the only thing that stands out.

Still think you should be OK on ultra settings tho.
Its my gpu only running at 60 percent. I can run Everything on ultra at 90 fps... But i want 144 with lower quality. But my gpu wont give me his full potential

Soldato
Hey

My setup is i7 4790k running at 4.6ghz with 1070 ti. Got 16 gb ddr3 1600 mhz. And my monitor is a lenovo y27g sync 144hz. Is it normal. Im only getting 90 fps Everything on low settings on battlefield 5?

Thanks

yes it is. BF5 release client will slam that poor i7 for no good reason really. One thing you can look into is disabling fullscreen optimizations(right click exe file ->properties-> compatibility tab) and then there is frame ahead rendering option(cant remember the exact name) in BF5 but that will introduce some input lag but it may not be noticable. I had the same issues with a 1080ti and my 4790k overclocked to 4.7ghz and tight timings on the ram.

Back
Top Bottom