The nervous wait to exchange....

Soldato
The agent says there have been no viewings since our offer was accepted. Think once we're into the process a little further (survey done etc) we'll ask them to take it off the market.

Caporegime
The agent says there have been no viewings since our offer was accepted. Think once we're into the process a little further (survey done etc) we'll ask them to take it off the market.

Personally, i would want it left it on the market till exchange (but obviously showing as under offer/SSTC).

Soldato
Let's see what happens. Our initial offer was immediately rejected but then accepted after a couple of weeks and (I presume) an acceptance the market could get a lot worse. It's a divorce so the seller is keen to move asap so hopefully that helps us.

Soldato
Had a call from the estate agent Tuesday night, the day before our survey was booked. It's an acrimonious divorce and the husband (who is on the deeds but has been removed from the sale process by the court) has apparently made an offer at asking, above ours. So the wife (in charge of the process) can't proceed with us for now. They don't think he can afford it, and is only doing it out of spite, to delay the process, but very frustrating all round. Especially given we'd appointed lawyers, a survey, had the mortgage nearly all approved etc.

Soldato
Had a call from the estate agent Tuesday night, the day before our survey was booked. It's an acrimonious divorce and the husband (who is on the deeds but has been removed from the sale process by the court) has apparently made an offer at asking, above ours. So the wife (in charge of the process) can't proceed with us for now. They don't think he can afford it, and is only doing it out of spite, to delay the process, but very frustrating all round. Especially given we'd appointed lawyers, a survey, had the mortgage nearly all approved etc.

That’s the most ***** up situation

Soldato
Why can't she proceed with you? Isn't it up to her who she sells it to? Or is there some kind of legal thing because he's on the deeds?

Soldato
I think she has to show she's trying to get the best value, otherwise the ex husband could accuse her in court of acting against their interests. She's really upset by it and doesn't know what to do apparently. Presume it'll need to be decided on by the family court again, which could take ages.

On the plus side our mortgage offer is valid for 6 months. Back to the drawing board...

Caporegime
Home stretch now, the gift from my brother has come through (and with Brexit giving us its only positive by strengthening his sending currency vs sterling) so it is just a case of exchange of contracts between our buyer, us and the developer, woot!

Associate
Supposed to complete today... Solicitor says funds from sale of our house has gone through and payment for purchase has but we can't pick up the keys as the sellers solicitor hasn't confirmed anything yet

Associate
Put in an offer which has been accepted!
Mortgage agreed with bank and solicitor instructed.

It's a vacant chain free so hopefully in by end of Feb next year but time will tell.

Question regarding the Homebuyer report & Full building survey fees.

We are planning to make major alterations to the property both internal and external so I'm thinking its worth paying for both of these, anyone think otherwise?

Last edited:
Associate
Supposed to complete today... Solicitor says funds from sale of our house has gone through and payment for purchase has but we can't pick up the keys as the sellers solicitor hasn't confirmed anything yet

Did it go through?

Just an update from my side, buyer refusing to complete in December and wanting us to break chain end of November agreed to complete this week coming.

Won't be happy until I have the keys in my hand though, so aware it can all go wrong but this time next week hoping I will be in New place.

Nervous!

Associate
Did it go through?

Just an update from my side, buyer refusing to complete in December and wanting us to break chain end of November agreed to complete this week coming.

Won't be happy until I have the keys in my hand though, so aware it can all go wrong but this time next week hoping I will be in New place.

Nervous!

It did yes thankfully. The weeks have been so stressful for us but glad it's all over. Fingers crossed for you!

Caporegime
Yeehaw! Finally exchanged contracts, completion date at the end of March.

Now we just have to hope that our new house is completed by then, if poor weather over winter delays it, we will need to find short-term accommodation, not easy with 3 people and 3 cats,

Soldato
Question regarding the Homebuyer report & Full building survey fees.

We are planning to make major alterations to the property both internal and external so I'm thinking its worth paying for both of these, anyone think otherwise?

You'll only need to pay for one or the other. A building survey will pick up any points that the homebuyers will, but you'll get a much more detailed report at the end of it.

For me, a homebuyers was £200 compared to £500 for a building survey. Well worth the money on an older house or one that you intend to build on.

Back
Top Bottom