P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3 dedicated graphics issue

Soldato
Hello,

I have somewhat of an odd duck. This board (P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3) posts fine at all times, however, I cannot set the gpu as primary display.

It boots/posts with both no gpu or a dedi gpu, however, it only shows image on the integrated graphics. With only monitor connected to dedi gpu it beeps, posts, boots, responds to numlock on/off, etc... But no image/signal :(. With monitor connected to igfx all works fine.
Changing the primary video adapter in bios to (under advanced/agent) pcie, saving and rebooting, just makes it go back to ''auto'' after reboot.

Cleared CMOS, tried multiple gpu's which work fine on different pc's, tried all 3 pcie x16 slots, tried different ram, tried optimized defaults, nothing. Only get display on the integrated gpu, nothing on the dedicated gpu's.

Any ideas? Couldn't find the option to disable the igfx altogether either :(. For now I just changed the mainboard, but will have to get back tho this one!

Associate
I have a P8z68 Deluxe on my sons pc, and I am fairly certain there is an option in the BIOS to disable the onboard GPU, as I remember having to disable it because it was causing my machine to crash every time I updated the GPU drivers. I can have a look when I get home this evening, if you havent found it.

Back
Top Bottom