Looking for a brand name for a craft gin.

Soldato
We work with a few drink branding experts, it's not as easy as you think!
In all seriousness, if you are planning on bringing a gin into the market you really need to have a consistent campaign with the story and brand interwoven into every bit of press

Soldato
We went to the Good Food Show at the NEC yesterday. The drinks section was overrun with craft gin stalls - they way outnumbered whisky, wine and beer combined. Our local independent wine/spirits shop has something like 70+ gins, so going to be difficult to find space. Possibly more mileage in rum or another spirit.

Soldato
Yes, i was reading a while back about the reason being a change to legislation in around 2010 which allowed people to setup small batch distilleries. Presumably the fact you can make and distribute gin quite quickly (as opposed to Whiskey/Rum which ideally needs aging for multiple years) explains the huge increase in its production.

Soldato
Where is it being distilled/made? Could the location and/or the previous life of the distillery give rise to a name?

Soldato
Is there anything that sets your gin apart from other gins? Where it is made is the obvious one, that's been mentioned... What about your botanical mix? Any quirks in there? Is the water well suited? Any think unusual or quirky about your set-up?

If I were in your shoes, I'd be trying to be as straight forward and sincere as possible - avoid trying to be too clever or fake.

Associate
Yes, i was reading a while back about the reason being a change to legislation in around 2010 which allowed people to setup small batch distilleries. Presumably the fact you can make and distribute gin quite quickly (as opposed to Whiskey/Rum which ideally needs aging for multiple years) explains the huge increase in its production.
We went to the Good Food Show at the NEC yesterday. The drinks section was overrun with craft gin stalls - they way outnumbered whisky, wine and beer combined. Our local independent wine/spirits shop has something like 70+ gins, so going to be difficult to find space. Possibly more mileage in rum or another spirit.

Its made on a farm in the peak district.

Does this mean we've hit 'Peak Gin'?

Associate
How about show us some of the ideas that you have come up with by yourself?
Surely if you are passionate about this new business then there will be something that sparked it that could contribute to the name & brand?

I hope all the creative juices went into the gin as the lack of spark with naming it doesn't give much confidence you'll be able to sell this product.

Soldato
Are you actually distilling yourself or are you buying the spirit to use your own botanicals?
If you want good suggestions you really need to post the backstory, why you are doing the gin, what demographic are you aiming for, what botanicals you are using for flavour, anything special in the production etc

Back
Top Bottom