Kryonaut abrasive??

Soldato
I’m sure it’ll just turn out to be gratuitous abrasive cloth usage :p

Might be, or the possibility of particles in said cloth my post pertained to. It was specifically aimed at the second poster, with parallel scratches on the die. Counterfeit paste was my best guess on the OP.

Last edited:
Associate
i got the same problem but not as bad and i bought it from ocuk :/

I wonder if it's to do with a bad batch then as customers where do we stand? since my cooler has been damaged by it?

and said damage happened within a week...

Last edited:
Soldato
Dear me..... Only used it on a couple of thousand cpu (conservative estimate) without issue..
That's not really relevant unless you took them all off again after months of use and checked for any damage, the OP didn't take the cooler off because he had an issue with the cooling, if he hadn't have changed his motherboard he may never have known :confused:

It looks to me like the paste hasn't been milled properly so IMHO it's either a bad batch or a counterfeit sample.

Soldato
Bumping this. OP was not lying. I bought a tube of Kryonaut last week from OcUK and just did an application. Took the heatsink off to check and lo and behold, there's marks on my heatsink (not on the CPU IHS weirdly enough). As you can see from the below picture, it's not too bad because I didn't fully tighten the heatsink (I messed something up and undid it halfway). Thank god for that.

Was 100% this Kryonaut because the plate was flawless beforehand and I'd been using a years old tube of Kryonaut beforehand.

Now I'm sad. This was a C14 and they don't make them anymore.

qQWVy8Z.jpg

Soldato
Maybe that's why my temperatures are cack on my laptop. I'm using kryonaut but might try my Cooler master thermal paste.

But why are people bothered about a scratch, any thermal paste would just fill it in.

As with laptop's the paste goes straight on the chip, I've not seen any scratches.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe that's why my temperatures are cack on my laptop. I'm using kryonaut but might try my Cooler master thermal paste.

But why are people bothered about a scratch, any thermal paste would just fill it in.

As with laptop's the paste goes straight on the chip, I've not seen any scratches.

Being slightly abrasive shouldn't hurt temps much/at all. It does make you wonder what is causing the scratching, I'd have thought having large particles in the paste would be a bad thing.

Permabanned
I'm in the scratch club.

I bought a Corsair h100i platinum for my 2700x but decided to go with Krynaut bought from the jungle (prime) instead of the compound that was attached to the pump head. Installed at the weekend just past there and didn't like the noise so decided to go with the wraith prism and return the AIO. On inspection of my CPU there's a line along the middle of scratches. I reapplied MORE kryonaut and installed the stock wraith prism which also has abrasive marks. Temps weren't so great . So I ordered a Noctua NH-D15S. That came yesterday and I when cleaning the CPU with IPA and cotton buds I decided it may be some hardened paste and I would spend a while cleaning, though I wasn't convinced.
Spent about half an hour cleaning and yep, it's definitely abrasions. I thought I must have somehow damaged the CPU and wraith prism on removal despite being careful.
I'm now left wondering if my CPU is not going to cool as good as it should. I haven't had a chance yet to run tests.
This feels very unfair and I'm now left wondering what the legal status is....do I have a claim? Why should I be almost £300 out of pocket if my CPU is not performing at optimum because of a faulty product.

No pics of the CPU as I'm now loathe to remove the new HSF but I'll try and upload a picture of the wraith prsim's plate.

Associate
I am in the same boat here. Just bought my first 5g of Kryonaut and applied it between my 9900k and Silverstone Heligon HE01. I felt that the moment i started to position the cooler on the CPU IHS that there was some abrasion between the two pieces, but i really didn't bother to look further. That was until i saw in AIDA 64 thet my temps were going thru the roof. I realized that maybe i put too much paste. I removed the cooler and when i started to clean the CPU i saw those marks, the same like the ones from Power Pie 5000 pics. I cleaned the heatsink and cpu with iso alcohol and soft paper tissues and finished with lint free cloth. I did not scratch the CPU or heatsink, ever in my entire life and i think i've put a lot of paste on CPUs. The temps are almost identical to AS5 after i applied the paste the second time.In the bag with the paste was a small card to verify the authenticity of the product with a website http://verify.thermal-grizzly.com/ and code. I entered the code and it said its original. I checked the website and it is indeed part of "thermal-grizzly.com", owner and so on. So i dont think it's fake, it's just a bad batch and i really think that for that price their quality control should be more thorough. Shame on them....
I sent them an email and will wait for their respone, if it will ever come...

Soldato
I sure hope that everyone reported these problems, i am sorry i didn't think about sending them a link to this thread....
I hope so too. If they do reply it may be worth linking it. I think I'll possibly look for a different brand for my new setup once I decide what to get.

Back
Top Bottom