Project: Virtual HiVE!

Associate
OP
Glad to hear you've sorted the PSU / GPU issues, the finished build is looking very slick. Only VERY minor things I'd consider changing are routing the front panel USB cable under the PSU shroud (may need to use a slimline extension cable) and possibly moving the fans on the top to beneath the rad so they light the inside of the case. Looking very nice though :)

That USB cable from the front panel is really thick and hard to bend to get it under the shroud without putting a lot of stress on the mobo i felt but yeah what you said about the slimline extension cable would work if i can find one. Not enough room for the fans and rad inside the case, it hits the top of the mobo. I did a test fit which should be earlier in the log. I think with a different H500 series it is possible just not with this H500M.

Associate
That USB cable from the front panel is really thick and hard to bend to get it under the shroud without putting a lot of stress on the mobo i felt but yeah what you said about the slimline extension cable would work if i can find one. Not enough room for the fans and rad inside the case, it hits the top of the mobo. I did a test fit which should be earlier in the log. I think with a different H500 series it is possible just not with this H500M.

Ah I missed that one sorry, just taken a look at it now. I'd be tempted to mount the rad on top and cut a couple of holes through the panel for the water tubing to pass through, but obviously this is just personal preference and many would probably say it looks better with the fans on the top!

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this (possibly a competitor so please remove if it is against rules) but I always use these guys for random stuff you can't find elsewhere. Link to slimline extension: https://www.moddiy.com/products/USB...er-Adapter-Cable-(Low-Profile-Connector).html

Back
Top Bottom