*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Already answered but I wouldn’t pay extra for Sky’s UHD. HDR makes the real difference and Sky doesn’t offer it.
I maybe wrong but ain't UHD included with the multi-room package..
Or do I have to pay extra for UHD on top of the multi-room price.(I have 2 skyh needed)

You have posted before about issues seeing the Sky website, when no one else can replicate the issues, or even reports issues, so it might possibly be a problem with the way you are trying to access it somehow, or the equipment you are using in some way..
No the problem is at there end as there website for years seems to think that I ordered something
UL87uTO.png

What formats does Netflix on sky Q support out of these
HDR
HDR10
HLG
Dolby vision
and what sound formats ?

Associate
As I suspected, thanks. Multi channel pcm would have been nice but hey ho.

Sync issues with DD/DD+ means I can't use anything but "normal" mode, if Sky just did negative delay it would solve a lot of peoples problems!
Yeah, audio sync (especially via HDMI ARC) appears to be a definite Sky Q issue despite in all cases them blaming the TV manufacturers.

Soldato
Yeah, audio sync (especially via HDMI ARC) appears to be a definite Sky Q issue despite in all cases them blaming the TV manufacturers.
yea I figured it may be ARC, I was thinking of trying it direct into the sound bar but then I need to teach the Mrs to put the TV on and select an input then choose an input on the sound bar (it defaults to arc at every power on unfortunately).

I wonder if optical would be any better? Only one way to find out I guess!

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Somewhat related but I've just been upgraded to sky q and now have my old Sky HD boxes sitting there doing nothing. Is there any use for them or is it just better to recycle them?

Soldato
Somewhat related but I've just been upgraded to sky q and now have my old Sky HD boxes sitting there doing nothing. Is there any use for them or is it just better to recycle them?

If you outright own the box pop it on a selling site like Facebook for £15 each. I've sold three that way so far 2 X HD boxes and a + Box. Just make sure you keep the viewing cards

Caporegime
HDR will be coming to Sky Q next year. Heard it would likely be first half rather than last half.

BT Sport within the first three months of the year too. No idea on pricing or actual date though.

Associate
Does anyone happen to know of a way to disable the wifi mesh/hotspot that the Q box creates(I'm using NowTV fibre)?
It's giving me some real headaches with poor speed and disconnections on my PS4. I'm limited in that I can't run an RJ45 connection from my router and powerline adaptors are also unreliable in my house.
With the Q box powered off it works fine.

Soldato
Does anyone happen to know of a way to disable the wifi mesh/hotspot that the Q box creates(I'm using NowTV fibre)?
It's giving me some real headaches with poor speed and disconnections on my PS4. I'm limited in that I can't run an RJ45 connection from my router and powerline adaptors are also unreliable in my house.
With the Q box powered off it works fine.
Go to "settings" on the Q box but just highlight it. Then press 001 and enter. It will take you to the "engineers menu" where you can disable the wifi from there.

Associate
Go to "settings" on the Q box but just highlight it. Then press 001 and enter. It will take you to the "engineers menu" where you can disable the wifi from there.

Unfortunately that disables the wifi for the box entirely. I want to utilise wifi as a connection to the Q box but just disable it advertising itself as a hotspot.

Back
Top Bottom