Celebration mood

Associate
Hi there!

Holidays are coming, but most of us don't have this magical mood. Year to year it's become more complicated feel like child this days and wait for Santa. Let's share some thoughts about this magical time and maybe it helps someone find Christmas inspiration :)

What makes you feel that Christmas is coming? And what is your ideal New Year's Eve?

Associate
OP
My favourite Christmas past time is detecting bot accounts who register on forums and create rather odd threads, probably in order to start selling something in later responses.
haha :) it's not about me. Just doing my homework for English lessons and by the way I can find interesting answers ;)

Associate
What makes you feel that Christmas is coming? And what is your ideal New Year's Eve?

What makes me feel like Christmas is coming is finishing work at 5pm yesterday and not being back until 2 January!!

New Years Eve I can gladly avoid. Wouldn't consider the idea of going out to be charged entry fees to even basic pubs, pay over the odds for drinks and be surrounded by hundreds of drunken people, a % itching for a scrap. Give me a couple of friends at home with a little buffet for a low-key celebration anyday.

Soldato
I never used to think much of Christmas but as I've got older I've tended to make the most of it. There is enough misery in the world and everyone has their problems but Christmas is what you make it and I use it as a reason for relaxation and silly merriment.

For me it starts when visiting winter food & craft fairs and really gets going proper when I set up the Santa Express. A small, simple track loop with miniature buildings and winter figures. Each year we add to it, maybe some trees or another figure. There's nothing nicer than watching it go around late on a cold winter's night, all cosy with a roaring fire in the grate and a whisky or two in my glass.

Festivities wise, I enjoy a few more visits to the pub than usual but rarely go out on NYE. I find it's too busy and hectic and attracts a lot of people who can't handle their drink. Festivities for me start tomorrow evening when I'll be off to a good friend's house for a meal and drinks. His local is pretty decent and he always has a few good whiskies in as well as his legendary home-brewed wines. I usually end up walking the six or seven miles home in the early hours.

It's fair to say that I love Christmas. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've got 2 and a bit weeks off, so that's what i'm looking forward to, a well deserved break.

Frankly Christmas is coming around rather quickly though.

I don't mind really, I just had 3 weeks out of the last 6 weeks off.

Off 1 week to go to Hong Kong and Taipei
worked 2
Off for a week in Lisbon
Worked
Off again for another week for Vienna for the markets.

I much rather do that than sit at home over Christmas watching TV.

tact4ef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom