Subnautica available for free

Associate
I think the Epic launcher may have some legs though - their revenue cut is only 12%, much lower than Steam.

Will stop Valve being complacent I guess!

Soldato
I've had my eye on Subnautica for a while. Mega chuffed I got it for free. I have the Epic games launcher anyway as I've been dabbling with Unreal Engine.

Soldato
Very impressed with Subnautica, amazing atmosphere and incredible visuals. Gamepad controls work well, but it'd be incredible with motion controls.
The biggest issue is the PDA is a bit too close for viewing comfort. Seems strange to do everything else right, but not move the PDA back a bit for readability.
Definitely a game that has to be experienced in VR.

Soldato
It's rock solid for me, might be worth trying an uninstall and reinstall.

I'd been meaning to pick this up for a while and now that I've finally had a go I'm blow away. Truly stunning and I think has to go to the top of my list for VR stuff to show people who've never tried before :)

Soldato
This is a great game and works really well in VR, but the gui issues are really frustrating having various screens 1 inch from your face is rather annoying, also i cant seem to sort out my inventory at all using the rift controllers, im guessing it may be better with the xbox controller?

Associate
I have tried playing this in VR with an Xbox controller and struggled. Loved playing this normally and one of the reasons i bought a rift was for this but i couldn't get the controls and UI right. I remember having issues when trying to pilot the cyclops, i think i had to use the mouse left click to start the engines on it.

Back
Top Bottom