New ps4 with RDR2 for xmas, day 1 patches?

Associate
Hiya,

I've got a ps4 under the tree waiting for xmas day and i just wanted to know if its going to be playable straight away or is there likely to big a big system patch as soon as i turn it on. Same thing with RDR4. We have a crummy broadband so want to pre-empt the disappointment.

Associate
Did this recently with installation and updates 1.4/1.5, give at least 2 hours to complete before playing.

That's not taking into account PS4 system updates along the way.

Play boxing day, maybe? :p

Associate
OP
Hmmmm, well i figure i will not be playing it until the kids to go bed anyways, but maybe i need to get it updated first.

I know the answer is no but, you can't download these patchs offline, say on a nice big work connection?

Associate
Hmmmm, well i figure i will not be playing it until the kids to go bed anyways, but maybe i need to get it updated first.

I know the answer is no but, you can't download these patchs offline, say on a nice big work connection?

Open it up in the morning, plug it in, begin the game install. Put into rest mode and set it to auto update system and patches etc.

Hopefully be ready to play 10pm that evening... something like that would help you out a long way.

Soldato
It's got something like a 100gb update :eek:

Nope, that's the install size. The patches haven't been particularly big, compared to the size of some recent titles.

The latest update will download while the game installs off the disc, so unless your connection is especially slow it'll be downloaded before the lengthy install process finishes anyway.

PS4 software updates are relatively quick and painless too, it won't take long.

Associate

If you plug it in before lunchtime and install the game, it will be all patched and up to date before their bed time :)

Back
Top Bottom