Another 5Ghz 8600k Question

Associate
I've recently followed a online video to OC the 8600k to 5Ghz and was surprisingly easy to do. I then read a few threads on various places on other people doing this to find some people can't or are struggling.

This made me wonder if I've done it right? Mine is currently at 1.31v core with AVX set to 3 and llc set to 5. ive run cinebench repeatedly and done a solid continuous 5 hours on Pubg with no blue screens. idle temps are 29-31, under load in game is 45-50, cinembench is 60-66. this is cooled but a corsair h100i v2, the fan profile default mobo setting.

I know ive not stressed tested it the usual way with prime etc but I only use the pc for games nothing else and I mainly only play pubg. the rest of my computer needs are done by the MPB.

Have I done it right? is the voltage too high? ive not lowered it to the point of blue screen, should I? then dial it back up a notch?

sorry for the noob questions this is the first OC ive done in years.

Soldato
You could try lowering the voltage but it isn't really necessary as 1.31v is not particularly high and your temps are perfectly reasonable. I would leave it and enjoy your PUBG. ;)

Back
Top Bottom