Windows 10

Associate
Hi all
Been a long while since I needed software
What’s the cheapest place for a basic win 10 key?
Am I allowed to ask? OC’ers have it for over £100. Is that the going rate these days?
Jobe

Don
There are only 2 places to get a guaranteed legal copy - either directly from Microsoft themselves, or from main retailers such as OcUK, at the prices you've found.

Whilst there are cheaper keys available, they aren't necessarily legal, in that whilst they *may* activate for a period of time, they may possibly be stolen keys, or keys from non-retail channels (E.g. academic or corporate).

Man of Honour
Those cheap keys are very varied in experience - as I posted recently MS block banned a whole load of them a couple of months back or so that previously had worked for months/years.

Unfortunately the price you pay (unless buying directly from an established company like OcUK or MS directly) isn't much of an indication either - couple of well known stores are selling 3rd party fulfilled ones at £60-100 where the majority of sellers unfortunately are just repackaging non-retail, etc. channel keys and/or salvaged OEM keys that eventually get blocked.

Back
Top Bottom