Would you do a long weekend in Paris now?

Associate
Expensive? Natch, once the U.K. voted to leave the E.U., it was obvious that the £ would tank against every currency.
Pickpocketers? I guess that you mean pickpockets, you’ll find them anywhere, not just in Paris.
So for someone visiting from Slovakia (same currency), you're telling me it would not be considered expensive?

And most of the cities I visited didn't have any pickpockets :p If Paris has a higher level of pickpockets than usual it should be noted.

Barcelona has always had a reputation of having many pickpockets - simply saying "they're everywhere" is not reasonable retort.

They're French. Get a phrasebook you n00b :p Plus, there is data roaming as well. We used Google Maps, Uber etc. They continued to work while we were in Paris.
I meant they can understand English very well, but refuse to reply in English.

The voice of no experience.

Most people with experience in this thread are calling it a dump!

Man of Honour
Fries, waffles and hot chocolate. I love Belgium.

You forgot the moules, (mussels).

So for someone visiting from Slovakia (same currency), you're telling me it would not be considered expensive?

And most of the cities I visited didn't have any pickpockets :p If Paris has a higher level of pickpockets than usual it should be noted.

Barcelona has always had a reputation of having many pickpockets - simply saying "they're everywhere" is not reasonable retort.

I meant they can understand English very well, but refuse to reply in English.

Most people with experience in this thread are calling it a dump!

It was reasonable to think that your post of 23/12/18 was for British consumption, not Slovakian, sure Slovakia uses the euro, and no doubt wages are lower there, and a beer or coffee is cheaper in Bratislava, but I’m pretty sure we were comparing U.K. and France.

IF there is a higher incidence of pickpockets in Paris, then YES, highlight it, but I’ve been going there for years, it’s never happened to me, maybe I’m just lucky.

You know for a fact that these French people whom you speak to in the street can speak English very well, but are refusing to speak it do you, oh, okay then, I didn’t realise that.

I’m in this thread, and I’ve been visiting France since the mid sixties, I’m not calling Paris a dump, but it’s certainly not what it was, I’ll give you that.

Back
Top Bottom