Smart Security System - Which Ones?

Associate
Hi All,

I'm in the market for a new alarm as our current one is an old dumb one that just bleats at the neighbours. I want something to let *me* know that my stuff is being nicked. Any thoughts about which ones? Requirements are:

*Needs to send at least an email, preferably a push notification or SMS.
*Must have a keypad - not having one of these prox fobs or one that disarms just with a smartphone
*Must have or be able to get pet sensors throughout
*No monthly cloud nonsense

*Having glass-break sensors would be nice
*Ability to add other sensors would be nice - flood, heat, smoke, CO
*Nice to have a GOOD internal camera that will send an alert and a GOOD picture or video when the alarm is triggered

Thanks

Caporegime
don't know about pet sensors. but yale smart alarms tick most of your boxes.

they are wireless. include cameras which send pics to your phones when someone sets off the alarm. no monthly fee.

if you have pets then i imagine that rules out most alarms as they would trigger them with both heat and movement.

Associate
I installed a Yale Smart alarm for my parents, its good, when they use it.
Can be operated from both there smart phones, or the keypad provided.

We also just installed 4 Arlo cameras, again, controlled from the app and seem brilliant

Soldato
don't know about pet sensors. but yale smart alarms tick most of your boxes.

they are wireless. include cameras which send pics to your phones when someone sets off the alarm. no monthly fee.

if you have pets then i imagine that rules out most alarms as they would trigger them with both heat and movement.

Agreed with this. I originally (stupidly) went for Verisure with a £48pm fee!!. I cancelled 3 days later and installed Yale myself. Very easy and does almost everything the Verisure one did with no silly monthly fees. I can remotely set and disarm from my phone anywhere and it also tells me if any contacts or PIRs have been triggered. You can get the camera PIRs but I haven’t dabbled with this yet.

Even better, the whole Yale system is wireless.

Soldato
Yale do pet sensors, so you might want to check if they have a kit with pet sensors. Otherwise I'd suggest you buy the smallest kit without sensors and then gets all the bits you need (including pet sensors).

Soldato
Agreed with this. I originally (stupidly) went for Verisure with a £48pm fee!!. I cancelled 3 days later and installed Yale myself. Very easy and does almost everything the Verisure one did with no silly monthly fees. I can remotely set and disarm from my phone anywhere and it also tells me if any contacts or PIRs have been triggered. You can get the camera PIRs but I haven’t dabbled with this yet.

Even better, the whole Yale system is wireless.

Which Yale system did you go for?
Starter Kit / Alarm kit / View Kit / Control Kit?

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
There’s revival! Did you ever have a go with Konnected. I keep wanting to bite the bullet. But not sure I’d be able to install it

Sorry pal no I didn't, I was like you, wasn't sure if it was something I could do and not too keen on ordering something that doesn't exist (common Kickstarter issue for me). My alarm system I have has given up the ghost too so I'll probably go down the Texecom route

Man of Honour
We had an ADT alarm fitted a couple of months back. Great system and ticks all the boxes in the OP.

Paid £65 for the system to be fitted (usually £200 odd for 3 sensors downstairs including the front door and the garage) as a special offer, then £25 a month for monitoring as well as the smart services.

Associate
pyronix alarm installed at my house works well enough dont have all the fancy bells and whistles and app on my unit but i might upgrade to the at a later date

Back
Top Bottom