The three rules of office parties :(

Soldato
Political correctness and feminists is essentially misandry.
Us alpha males will soon be extinct and gays lesbians and spinsters will rule the world but hang on, its already happening.
Work dynamics are so dangerous now.
Viva Jordan Peterson. Gotta luv the guy for making the biologically correct stance.
You can't let today's Times change the male DNA.
CAN'T WAIT TO RETIRE TO GET ABSOLVED FROM ALL THIS ********. ITS CANCER.

Is this post satire? It reads that way until the final line.

Soldato
I didn't presume him guilty, i presumed his death as a result of other pressures whether guilty or not. Where did i deny any existence of discrimination?

I was merely commenting that his death is unlikely to be a directly related to a few work complaints. Despite the DM spin on it, we know neither the nature or severity oft he complaints.

The biggest presumption made in this thread is that he killed himself over an office complaint.

Indeed. Until more facts become available we can only look for the most logical explanation based on the information we have i.e. that someone killed themself after being accused of something by his female colleagues. Plausible explanations could be that he was already at breaking point due to other reasons, or if not that the accusations had some truth behind them and were going to lead to the **** really hitting the fan.

Soldato
There's some proper creepy Men around to be fair, I'm not sure complaining to HR is the right way of dealing them though, just give them a slap or go tell a male colleague who will.

Soldato
The article says he was an Oxford University graduate. WTF has that got to do with the story?

Would you have complained equally as much if they had just said "University graduate"? Or is just the Oxford bit which for some bizarre reasons annoys u?

I imagine it was added to mark the unfortunate man as an accomplished, educated member of society. It is done to add a grander sense of loss to society in the story - the same way they include his family status and the fact that he was clutching his little girls teddy to let the reader empathize.

I imagine they add the brexit lawyer part to make him seem like he is doing something the mail and its readers deem noteworthy or positive. The whole story is also written inferring that his death is a direct result of these complaints to match the narrative the DM and its readers love to add when talking about men behaving inappropriately towards women.

The Guardian could have gone the complete other way and painted a different story of a 'have it all' lawyer currently taking advantage of brexit to make money behaving inappropriate to female colleagues before selfishly taking his life because he is afraid his reputation will be ruined.

Soldato
I imagine it was added to mark the unfortunate man as an accomplished, educated member of society. It is done to add a grander sense of loss to society in the story - the same way they include his family status and the fact that he was clutching his little girls teddy to let the reader empathize.

I imagine they add the brexit lawyer part to make him seem like he is doing something the mail and its readers deem noteworthy or positive. The whole story is also written inferring that his death is a direct result of these complaints to match the narrative the DM and its readers love to add when talking about men behaving inappropriately towards women.

The Guardian could have gone the complete other way and painted a different story of a 'have it all' lawyer currently taking advantage of brexit to make money behaving inappropriate to female colleagues before selfishly taking his life because he is afraid his reputation will be ruined.

"A Brexit lawyer tasked with helping businesses make a success of Brexit has instead been spending his time drinking to excess and sexually abusing his coworkers according to allegations made this week. Mr Lawyers body was found earlier this week following his apparent suicide, scuppering any hopes of a meaningful investigation into his conduct."

Something along those lines? The thing is the Daily Mails audience seem to lap this stuff up regardless of how it's framed. The key word in what I've written above is allegation, it's the only one that's not designed to inflame opinion, and it needs to be included to avoid potential libel prosecutions, it's also the only one that will be roundly ignored by the readers. The only information we have in the main report that is of any relevance is that some allegations had been made.

The Guardian has its own bias but it's not even in the same league as the Mail, they've turned population stoking into an art form.

It does make me worry for society in general.

Soldato
Well in this day and age of trial by twitter and guilty regardless of whether you are proven innocent or not.

It doesn't shock me......guys can lose their entire career if a women decides to embellish the story a little.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OH NOES, heaven forbid passing a compliment, chatting up a bird, or pinching a bum when drunk. The HORROR. How do these victims survive this sickening Nazi like treatment?

Wait, what? You think pinching a girls (that you aren't in a relationshio with) bum is acceptable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom