Fortnite Help

Soldato
Hi chaps,

Does anyone play Fortnite?

My son plays it he's a bit young and doesn't really do any challenges beyond shooting people and to help him I end up doing a lot of the challenges for him.

I'm trying to sort out the "play with friends" challenge for him on the Xmas challenge but he doesn't have any friends on it he just has a play around.

Anyhoo, does anyone play and can I friend you to do a few games for him for the challenge?

Thanks in advance.

Soldato
OP
t_0rn_

itslauren555 - online now.

My 10 year old plays and I'm sure he wouldn't mind helping. Will ask him/grab his tag later.

Add rockychops, if still need it, says can help.

Thanks both, he won't be online until a bit later but I will add them and try and get him to them (if all else fails I will do them for him)

If anyone has tags they don't mind sharing that would be grand :)

Soldato
Slightly off topic, but my GF said her brother told us to get an expansion for fortnite that is where you build a base to try survive from the zombies, is there such a pack or is she getting something lost in translation?

Associate
Hi chaps,

I'm trying to sort out the "play with friends" challenge for him on the Xmas challenge but he doesn't have any friends on it he just has a play around.

Thanks in advance.

In the future if the challenge comes up and he has no-one to play with, I can't remember exactly what its called (don't play it any more) but you could 're-roll' a challenge once a day to something else.

Slightly off topic, but my GF said her brother told us to get an expansion for fortnite that is where you build a base to try survive from the zombies, is there such a pack or is she getting something lost in translation?

It's called save the world.

Soldato
My lazy parents guide

Save The World is a one off fee of roughly £20 which is "player vs event" - basically your child can play with other children (if they have paid for the game) to defend against hordes of zombies - its the "less popular" version of fortnite - but it is a "fire and forget" purchase

The "free" version is Fortnite Battle Royale - which is the widely media covered version - this is online only and can be played

A. By themselves
B. With friends

The Battle Royale mode can be enjoyed "for free" but you have 3 choices

1. Free - no dances or outfits other than very sporadic "free" ones
2. Pay 9 quid for a season battle pass - if your child completes it (over 3 months) they will earn enough "free money" - called Vbucks - to pay for the next season - a sensible child can make the 9 quid initial purchase last indefinitely. They will unlock many outfits and dances over the 3 months, although they don't offer any gameplay advantage
3. What Epic wants you to do - Choice 2 - but spend all the free money they give you on even MORE dances, so when the 3 month season ends you will need to shed out another 9 quid

We are currently mid season 7 - so you've got another 50 odd days if memory serves me correctly

Happy to answer any further questions

Re the original post - the play 3 matches with friends reward is totally pointless - its a spray of some holly IIRC - not worth it

Soldato
OP
My lazy parents guide

Save The World is a one off fee of roughly £20 which is "player vs event" - basically your child can play with other children (if they have paid for the game) to defend against hordes of zombies - its the "less popular" version of fortnite - but it is a "fire and forget" purchase

The "free" version is Fortnite Battle Royale - which is the widely media covered version - this is online only and can be played

A. By themselves
B. With friends

The Battle Royale mode can be enjoyed "for free" but you have 3 choices

1. Free - no dances or outfits other than very sporadic "free" ones
2. Pay 9 quid for a season battle pass - if your child completes it (over 3 months) they will earn enough "free money" - called Vbucks - to pay for the next season - a sensible child can make the 9 quid initial purchase last indefinitely. They will unlock many outfits and dances over the 3 months, although they don't offer any gameplay advantage
3. What Epic wants you to do - Choice 2 - but spend all the free money they give you on even MORE dances, so when the 3 month season ends you will need to shed out another 9 quid

We are currently mid season 7 - so you've got another 50 odd days if memory serves me correctly

Happy to answer any further questions

Re the original post - the play 3 matches with friends reward is totally pointless - its a spray of some holly IIRC - not worth it

We pay the £9 quarterly whuch all said and done is a decent deal for the amusement he gets from it. Bought Save the World and he seems to enjoy it too so it's all good. He is only allowed on the ps at weekends so it lasts a long while entertainment value for cost.

Feels a bit weird playing amongst loads of children.

I think (know) loads of adults play it as well but there seems to be some sort of embarrassment factor around playing this game, whereas every other game is fine :p

I play it to help him, if I wasn't helping him I probably wouldn't play it as I'm rubbish :p it's not that bad a game though, par for course for most of these type of games and I think the slightly tongue in cheek way of treats itself works quite well.

Soldato
OP
Hi all,

Bit of a necro but for a different reason this time. Is anyone playing on the PS4 finding the game crashes all the time? When my son is playing at the moment pretty much every single matches freezes and he has to quit the match. Is it a known issue?

Don't think it's my net as I've tried it wired and WiFi and happens both times.

Bit baffled and he's getting a wee bit frustrated :p

Back
Top Bottom