G2A implementing a monthly inactivity fee

Associate
Sorted, cheers.
2r2p65c.jpg

Soldato
Can’t wait till Jim Sterling gets hold of this... it will be an epic rant. Never used them never will and I would advice no one to ever use them either.

Can’t wait till Jim Sterling gets hold of this... it will be an epic rant. Never used them never will and I would advice no one to ever use them either.

If you have never used them and never will, how can you give advice on them?

I've used them a few times. Only once was a scammed and they refunded me promptly.

I will look into this issue and probably delete my account though.

Soldato

I've used them a few times. Only once was a scammed and they refunded me promptly.

I have I never drink driven, never will and would advice people never to drink drive..

More so though, just the smallest amount of research into the company, their business practises and the issues surrounding them generally, use of stollen keys, crappy support, shield payments, would mean I woud not use them. Never would and given all I have said, Advice (being the word) would say nobody else should either. Take my advice as you will...

I have I never drink driven, never will and would advice people never to drink drive..

More so though, just the smallest amount of research into the company, their business practises and the issues surrounding them generally, use of stollen keys, crappy support, shield payments, would mean I woud not use them. Never would and given all I have said, Advice (being the word) would say nobody else should either. Take my advice as you will...

They are quite different things though aren't they? Drink driving is known to impair your ability whereas buying from an online retailer will not impair your driving ability and you are highly unlikely to kill anyone... Unless in game.

I was not aware they used cakes for keys...

Soldato
They are quite different things though aren't they? Drink driving is known to impair your ability whereas buying from an online retailer will not impair your driving ability and you are highly unlikely to kill anyone... Unless in game.

I was not aware they used cakes for keys...

The analogy fits the narrative. You can advice someone without first hand experience, As said though, advice being the word. As for Cake :D yeah typo, should have read stolen... however I think you get the point.

An Informative Thread

Permabanned
OP

I won't delete my account as I tend to keep an eye on their storefront for any really cheap deals but as a rule I don't use them anymore.
I started using G2a in 2014 & my third purchase was a £5 key for Rust,
When I went to claim the game it said the key had already been used so I filed a claim confident that I'd get a refund as I'd also paid G2A the insurance they ask for to protect us against such things. Over the next 6 to 8 weeks I never heard a thing in reply to any of the 3 or 4 emails I sent them, Maybe they thought that if they ignored me I'd give up as it was not a lot of money, but I didn't, When they finally answered it was with an automated message saying give them 2 to 3 days to get back to me which I did but I didn't hear back so I kept on repeating the same sequence for a few weeks,
After that failed I contacted their customer services to make a formal complaint, To that I got an automated message saying it can take up to 2 or 3 weeks so I waited but got no reply, I even gave them an additional few days but still heard nothing so I posted another complaint & got the same give it 2 to 3 weeks automated reply but again I never heard back so after the third attempt failed I started spamming them with messages making it clear that I'd paid the insurance & that I'd kept all records and all emails & messages on the matter in a safe place & that I wanted my refund. That didn't work immediately but I finally got my refund 6 months later after being made to jump through hoops, after that I stopped using G2a, Since then I've used CDkeys & Kinguin with only one mishap which was a £30 quid game from Kinguin, that was refunded straight away so as a rule I try to stick with Kinguin,
G2A lost my custom because of the problems I had with a cheap game purchase, that's there loss, I have done one G2A purchase since and that was in 2017 when I grabbed Deponia Doomsday for £2.50 which went off without a hitch, personally I'd be quite happy to see their business practices cause the business to fail & disappear.

Ree

Ree

Associate
be lots of accounts being deleted, i wonder what genius come up with that idea. av never used them btw and never would.

Soldato
Used them twice for EA games cause I don't care if EA ever saw any of my money. Got this email a couple days ago so deleted my account immediately. Fortunely they don't have any payment info so couldn't charge me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom