Crosshair VII - NVME, SLI and WIFI together ?

Associate
Have a CH7H wifi with a 2700x, 1080Ti SLI, GSkill 3200 CL14 @ 3466 with the B Die timings, a 970pro NVME in M2_1 and a 2TB SSD.

The issue I'm having is that I set the new rig up all fine both Ti's at x8 (as I'm not using M2_2) and ran all my usual memory/cpu/gpu stress tests with no issue. Thought I'd set up the onboard wifi although where the rig is now is wired I may move it in the future and that's where the issue appeared.

If the wifi is enabled I lose a graphics card, still get a basic output but nvidia drivers cannot find it so I'm guessing it's being dropped to x4?? Have I missed something in the bios as all I can see is the setting to disable M2_2 and lock the second PCIE to x8.

Now I know that the second PCIE slot shares it's lanes with the M2_2 slot but I'm not using that and from the block diagram on the PCIE layout the wifi is a x1 from the chipset so is it just the combination of hardware that I've got that limits the lanes available or is there some way to have the wifi on and maintain x8 to both cards??

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just thought I'd post that I got round the issue by turning the onboard LAN controller off when I had the wireless enabled, think this freed up the required lane(s) so that I could have the wireless on and maintain x8/x8 for the two Ti's and the NVME in M1 at x4.

Back
Top Bottom