Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 3rd January 2019]

Don
What do we reckon, 5 minutes stoppage?

Only player tonight who has been good for Newcastle is Atsu, rest of them can **** off.
Atsu good? Didn't he waste two very good chances for himself and play a horrific pass when Newcastle had a great counter attacking opportunity?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Atsu good? Didn't he waste two very good chances for himself and play a horrific pass when Newcastle had a great counter attacking opportunity?

Hes missed a couple of OK chances but hes been giving us issues all night and been about the only Newcastle player who has played well and not been a dirty ****.

Don
Hes missed a couple of OK chances but hes been giving us issues all night and been about the only Newcastle player who has played well and not been a dirty ****.
A poor man's Adama Traore. There's no point getting into those positions if you're always going to waste them - he's the sort of player that would turn me insane.

Shelvey's played well when he came on. It's a shame that he's a bit of a lunatic because he could be a very good midfielder.

Soldato
Surely that's a good result at any time for Southampton?

The bottom of the table's looking incredibly tight at the moment. Huddersfield look gone but then there's 2 from 5 - I just hope Burnley are one of them.
In my head I still like to pretend we're in the Pochettino / Koeman days where we would go to places like Chelsea and have a go and a win wasn't a complete fantasy :p

February will be make or break for us, that's when we play all the other bottom dwellers and have a real chance to drag ourselves clear.

Caporegime
Well test passed, a game we've struggled in under Mourinho and we come away 2-0, a bonus clean sheet too. Won despite an atrocious performance from the ref, trying to steal the headlines.

Don
In my head I still like to pretend we're in the Pochettino / Koeman days where we would go to places like Chelsea and have a go and a win wasn't a complete fantasy :p

February will be make or break for us, that's when we play all the other bottom dwellers and have a real chance to drag ourselves clear.
You'll be alright I think. If Ings stays fit he'll score a few goals and given the quality of the sides around you, that should be enough.

Man of Honour
Wasn't sure we'd win this after the first half, but a strong performance in the end. The ref was very suspect and Newcastle were getting away with playing fairly rough. Good to get a clean sheet too.

Rashford is going from strength to strength.

Excellent stuff. :cool:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Well we have made up 5 points on the top 4 in 4 games so no complaints. Not convinced by the team selection from the start tonight and the ref was dire but 3 points is 3 points.

Big test next game against Tottenham. If we can take something from that I might start to believe we can make top 4.

We missed Lingard and I think the front 3 of Martial, Rashford and Lingard is our strongest at the moment. Lukaku still looked off the pace even when Newcastle abandoned defending with 15 minutes to go.

Soldato
Good result, the changes to the 11 highlighted the squad issues. Media might go over board if this continues, but we are realistically years from getting back to competing at the top as the squad needs a turnover. More positives from the new attitude. Lindelof looks to be getting confident and Pogba still had his moments.

Back
Top Bottom