The FA CUP Third Round ** Spoilers ** [4th - 7th January 2019]

Associate
It's probably just me, and I'm sure I'll get backlash on here for saying it but.....all these prem teams that make 7/8/9 changes deserve to lose and I think should get some form of punishment.

Associate
It's probably just me, and I'm sure I'll get backlash on here for saying it but.....all these prem teams that make 7/8/9 changes deserve to lose and I think should get some form of punishment.

I think it should be encouraged personally, since it increases the chances of an entertaining game, with a better chance of the underdog progressing Otherwise we'll just see a series of games with the lower league sides losing 6 or 7-0

Soldato

I think we all understand the position behind wanting clubs to play their best squads, for the opportunity of a team to play the best players from big clubs, for the fans of lower league clubs to see them potentially at their own grounds.

But the flip side is too heavy for that. There is PL position, and CL to think about. Huge amounts of money and income to clubs, or survival for some. And where else can the youth get an opportunity without that pressure of the above.

Caporegime

Why should any premier league team be punished for giving younger players a chance and resting key players for more difficult games? The quality of the premier league with squads that are 25+ deep, why shouldn't some of these players get the chance?

Leicester get the goal then give away a penalty. How did this team ever win the premier league..

Soldato

If they're going to punish teams for making changes for this fixture, there needs to be a winter break. Also, why should anyone but the manager have any say on how the manager uses the squad?

Soldato
Liverpool played 8 games in December and played on Thursday against City. You can't expect us to then play the first team again tomorrow night Vs Wolves. Not only that but does anyone take these cups seriously anymore until you're in the semis? On Saturday at 3pm there was 10 games kicking off...there used to be double that if I remember rightly. They've spread them all out for maximum TV revenue and it's killed the spirit of the cup, for me anyway.

Caporegime
The Tranmere Spurs fixture was moved to Friday night even though the last train back to London was before 9pm. Spurs fans took a couple of banners protesting against BT Sport and they asked the stewards to confiscate them - even the Police got involved.

6ZloYwN.png

Usually the club will charter a train, not sure why it wasn't possible this time. Maybe planned engineering.

Don
It's going to be interesting to see how our defence lines up tonight. I've seen one journo state that VVD's definitely going to be rested so that leaves Klopp with the choice of some sort of back 3 with possibly Fabinho and Wijnaldum (or Hoever) or throwing a 16 year old straight into a back 4. We may also see Rafa Camacho play RB/RWB and Curtis Jones could feature in midfield. It would be great to see a few youngsters play and do well but I honestly have never been less bothered about the FA Cup than this season - had Gomez and Matip been fit then maybe I'd have cared more.
The Tranmere Spurs fixture was moved to Friday night even though the last train back to London was before 9pm. Spurs fans took a couple of banners protesting against BT Sport and they asked the stewards to confiscate them - even the Police got involved.

Usually the club will charter a train, not sure why it wasn't possible this time. Maybe planned engineering.
Unfortunately this isn't something new. I know several times in the past we've played in London on dates/times where there's been engineering work on the lines and meant there's been no trains back. There's a wider issue around the FA Cup from this season onwards where the FA have sold the overseas TV rights to show every single game and a condition of the sale was that the fixtures were spread over as many possible days and times to make it easier for broadcasters to show as many games as they possibly could. It's something we've got to get used to because it's only a matter of time before we're going to see PL games kicking off every night of the week and more different times at the weekend.

Don
Liverpool 11: Mignolet, Camacho, Lovren, Fabinho, Moreno, Milner, Keita, Jones, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi

A little disappointed not to see Hoever start (he's on the bench) but not surprised. A very attacking line-up though with no natural holding midfielder and Camacho (naturally an attacker) at RB.

Back
Top Bottom