• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RTX2060 review thread

Associate
anyone know what the pricing is for the UK. I have a 1070 now but the dlss is what is tempting me to upgrade, the ray tracing sounds nice but until more developers get on board it isnt nothing that wow's me to upgrade. £350 does sound tempting to me £500 for the 2070 just seemed way overpriced for me.

Associate
anyone know what the pricing is for the UK. I have a 1070 now but the dlss is what is tempting me to upgrade, the ray tracing sounds nice but until more developers get on board it isnt nothing that wow's me to upgrade. £350 does sound tempting to me £500 for the 2070 just seemed way overpriced for me.
£330 here in the UK.

In all Honesty, had this been launched at £275 It would have been a killer card and would kill the competition as they only have 1 card out there faster than it, even then sometimes they're neck and neck.

Soldato
Currently got a GTX1060 and was looking to get a GTX1070Ti, however with the RTX2060 on the way I'm leaning more towards this one now.

I game at 1440p mainly at medium/high settings on Fortnite, but also looking to start playing BF5 and Hitman 2.

I presume the RTX2060 will be my best choice?

Soldato
Currently got a GTX1060 and was looking to get a GTX1070Ti, however with the RTX2060 on the way I'm leaning more towards this one now.

I game at 1440p mainly at medium/high settings on Fortnite, but also looking to start playing BF5 and Hitman 2.

I presume the RTX2060 will be my best choice?

Wait for the 1160, same card minus the RTX stuff so in theory it should be cheaper.

Soldato
Watch the review on linustechtips - it’s being sold as an RTX card when it is crippled if RTX is turned on. It’s utterly pointless.

You may aswel buy a 1070ti for less money and enjoy it rather than pay more for a RTX 2060 and not be able to use its biggest marketing gimmick effectively.

Yet more marketing BS from nvidia at an inflated price for the mathematically challenged.
It will no doubt do well.

Associate
Watch the review on linustechtips - it’s being sold as an RTX card when it is crippled if RTX is turned on. It’s utterly pointless.

You may aswel buy a 1070ti for less money and enjoy it rather than pay more for a RTX 2060 and not be able to use its biggest marketing gimmick effectively.

Yet more marketing BS from nvidia at an inflated price for the mathematically challenged.

Paul’s hardware shows it at +50fps with RTX on @1080. Not horrific

Associate
£330 here in the UK.

In all Honesty, had this been launched at £275 It would have been a killer card and would kill the competition as they only have 1 card out there faster than it, even then sometimes they're neck and neck.
from what ive seen its a decent card, 330 is a good price ill prob sell the code on anyway, anthem doesnt look that good to me and bf was a let down I swithced back to cod after bf1 300 quid or so after selling it is not bad at all for the tech im getting and driver support

Soldato
Paul’s hardware shows it at +50fps with RTX on @1080. Not horrific

Yes Battlefield V at +50fps is playable but hardware requirements for the latest games tend to increase by 20% per year. So next years RTX games will be about +40fps. Well it's about 20% for old school rasterisation games anyway. RTX games could be different.

Caporegime

GN shows 60FPS at 1080p, seems to hit the mark for.me

Associate
With the release of this card at this price if AMD did release a Vega performance Navi card for $250 they could really make headway in the market.

The 2060 looks a good card but it's painful to see the price increase for a "mid-range" card.

Soldato
With the release of this card at this price if AMD did release a Vega performance Navi card for $250 they could really make headway in the market.

The 2060 looks a good card but it's painful to see the price increase for a "mid-range" card.

Vega56 is already cheaper and around 1070ti performance. Plus has 2gb more ram.

Last edited:
Soldato

GTX 1070ti for less money ? From what I can see they start at £359, most being £400 or more eps outside of OCUK. So a £330-350 GTX 2060 with 2 free games, Faster than a Vega 56 on the heels of a vega 64 and faster than 1070ti while sipping less power.

So why would you get a 1070ti over a 2060 ?

Back
Top Bottom