Panel going bad? Acer X34P

Associate

I have had the monitor for about 1.5 months now.

The first time this issue appeared was about a week after having it. Note that the distortion/pixelation appears even in the monitor OSD.

Eventually after about 15-minutes of troubleshooting everything I could the issue just disappeared, and so I put it down to a loose cable.

But now, over a month later, it seems the issue is back. Started doing it again while playing Forza 4. Pulling the cable fixed it, but the next morning it starts again a few minutes after turning on. Pulled the cable fixed it again, but within a few minutes it was back. Again I pulled the cable and did a reboot in the monitors OSD and that seems to have (temporarily?) fixed it.

Anyone have any idea of what this could be?

Found a similar case on reddit but with no resolution [here:](https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/7afa6u/i_need_help_with_my_acer_predator_x34/)

Associate
OP
The one reason I was not sure it could be a cable problem is that the distortion appears even on the monitor OSD screen, which I would have imagined is rendered directly on the monitor and not sent through the cable to the GPU?. Of-coarse I could be wrong on this one.

Associate
I had this on an old 30" Dell (think 3008). Possibly scaler failing but it's very likely a hardware (circuit board) issue. Slowly got worse over many years.

Associate
OP
I think if it plays up again I will record another video and go through the RMA process with OCUK I suppose. The monitor/box is enormous and will a nightmare to return, and it will be a double shame because the actual panel is defect free, but the symptoms are very concerning and does not seem to be a common occurrence. My gut feeling is there is something wrong with the gsync-module/integrated scaler.

I could certainly try a new cable but I am doubtful such an issue could be caused by a faulty one.

Anyone know what OCUK's policy on monitor returns is?

Back
Top Bottom