Energy Suppliers

Associate
Think bulb is the option here although avro (who I'm with) are not far off. Again, a referrer code would swing it bulbs way, anyone have one spare pretty please!

Soldato
Though my current contract is still a little cheaper with Scot. Pow. my online account still shows my previous 2017 ending tariff despite me phoning several times. Then trying to get switched to an EV tariff only to be told it was only compatible with their own branded charger plus the help desk people actually had no info on it as it's dealt with an exclusive department when you apply for their charger package. Not their fault as they tried to help but aren't being supplied with right info.

The TIDE tariff has now become a bit too complicated and as previously mentioned they totally negate any early AM EV charging with an excessively high standing charge and a high evening tariff. If I were to drive more miles in my EV then that would go in their favour.

So I'm also switching to Bulb as they appear straight forward and will benefit from the referral code a fellow member has supplied.

I can only hope the switch goes smoothly as my not so smart meter is going to go back to being dumb again!

Last edited:
Soldato
Coincidentally after mentioning my switch to Bulb a colleague expressed interest in switching due to EDF suddenly increasing their direct debit and on querying they were told it's based on their usage.

I've looked at their most recently bill and it appears when they installed a smart meter in early December the reading was reset to 0 but they have now used an excessive number of units according to the "estimated" bill. Needless to say I've asked them to check the meter reading and query it.

There's solar involved so this could get complicated!

Soldato
Early days yet, but I've been quite happy with Bulb so far, no price rises or drops yet! I like the way you can change DD amounts easily online, don't think I had that with my previous supplier.

Last edited:
Associate
Switched to Bulb about a year ago and no issues with them at all, prices gone up a lil but so far looking like big savings over the last year from what I paid EDF for the same period.

Soldato
[send him a private msg lol]

People's Energy have just announced a price increase:
agh - so they're a company where folks can choose to pay 2 months up front ... in which case they would be cheaper than bulb for me.

Do people/yourself go for that ? vs keeep the money in the bank with interest

46749038412_4648d72047_o_d.jpg

Soldato
[send him a private msg lol]

agh - so they're a company where folks can choose to pay 2 months up front ... in which case they would be cheaper than bulb for me.

Do people/yourself go for that ? vs keeep the money in the bank with interest

46749038412_4648d72047_o_d.jpg

Ignore the per month. It is only lower because you are paying a lump sun upfront.

Work on the SC and Unit prices. Gas is actually cheaper on that second tariff but elec is more.

Soldato
Ignore the per month. It is only lower because you are paying a lump sun upfront.
Of course ...

this kind of up-front contract explains to me why people had been posting threads about building up credit , and paying in advance..
can't imagine doing that intentionally myself, but maybe the the interest you would loose is less than the gain from the reduced electric tarif

Back
Top Bottom