Associate
Hi All

So I'm planning for a while now to upgrade my pc at the moment I’ve got a i5 3570k and evga 970 . My plan is to buy a:

i7 9700k or i7 8700k - should I go with newer generation because the price is similar ?

Evga 2080 xc ulta or 2080 xc whats the difference in performance as the price difference is around 30 £ .

Mobo is my biggest headache :( I was planning to get Asus Rog maximus XI Hero but I read in many forums that Gigabyte Z390 AORUS series is better so what’s the difference between

Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra and Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro apart from price should I go for cheaper version .
I'll be definitely OC my CPU and GPU. I didn’t mention PSU and Cooling system because the one I already have are pretty good.

Thanks and Sorry for my poor English :/

Soldato
Ultra and Pro are same Phase count , 12+1 but heatsinks are different. Ultra also comes with high standard of WiFi .

Totally depends on your budget .

With evga, have to look if one model is 2.5 slot Vs 2 slot . Might explain price difference or it's just down to card overclock .

Associate
OP
I'm not using Wifi so that can be ticked off from the list . My budget is around 1500 £ for all 4 components but If I could save some money here and there then that would be sweet.
So coming back to better heatsinks in ultra version is is really wort and extra 60-70 £.

Also Ive got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooling system and I'm not really sure if that's gonna fit that Mobo because looking on the picture there is not much space on left hand side from CPU.
Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not using Wifi so that can be ticked off from the list . My budget is around 1500 £ for all 4 components but If I could save some money here and there then that would be sweet.
So coming back to better heatsinks in ultra version is is really wort and extra 60-70 £.

Also Ive got a Phanteks PH-TC14PE cooling system and I'm not really sure if that's gonna fit that Mobo because looking on the picture there is not much space on left hand side from CPU.
Thanks

For the 9700K or 8700K you can go with the cheaper board if you want to save money. They will also handle the 9900K if you ever decide to buy one in the future.

Hard to say with the cooler as some of these big air coolers can also block the top pcie slot as well. You will just have to try it and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom