Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Soldato

ta da, got MGE after just messing about, generally I prefer these F2P games of MM over prime and my main account which is nonsensical.
Last time I had MGE was in autumn 2015 when I won 13 games in a row on that account and during great derank, it fell to nova 3 on the first lost game in Feb 2016. Like then, I think theres weird uneven ranking in the game so just posting on that effect to bring it to attention.

I'm sure someone from here really trying or even a lobby of 5 people actually playing proper team work could do far better then me and person I queued with who got DMG. I think Valve will do some quite great alterations in 2019 to MM

I'm quite certain most people in these games were really new, you can just tell nobody has proper experience. The team mates we got was a clown show, no speaking in first half except ranting in Russian. Whether they are legit or not, you can feel the response times of players are way off, etc. I feel its noticeable, interested if anyone finds similar and I also I'm trying to get someone I know who jokes of global (but is a couple off) to actually try. A long time ago I was getting matched to eagles with a new account and didnt realise I could have got that rank, was just playing operation maps casually. I may have improved slightly hopefully not worse and I lose games to nova 2 on some occasions so yea, its just a game :D

Mbv3hv4.png

pWXb2Hr.png
Every account here was banned within a day or so of playing on a valve secured server. So thats pretty significant and a large amount are game bans, all are non prime F2P. Valve is trying I guess

MH7lNO5.png

So the small print is you cant just make a shell csgo account with non prime. I played with a supreme who did this and he loses 0-16 to rage hacks. I checked his trust and it wasnt red, its just sorting of another kind and empty accounts are not labelled well.

However the better games will be CSGO plus an actual proper steam game, so my team mate got Borderlands in the steam sale anyway and had it on this account. Ages ago I got division cheap but wasnt sure I wanted to keep it so put it on another account, so without realising we were being sorted into a nicer queue of new players. I'm not arguing the fine detail but generally you want an account used for more then just csgo.
Why this isnt helping really old regular csgo players is not clear, its just this influx wave of F2P people and I guess it wont last forever.

I'd do this now before too many understand the system and this brief break in the clouds disappears, plus its free to play anyhow

Soldato
I usually forget to check Ocuk discord but often looking for people to join 5 v 5 and we do the gathers in a discord. Just casual games with standard rules but often preferable to MM nowadays. We use popflash.site which is really easy, but that does require the full 10 to start so the more people the better for less hassle in starting. Think this is the right link for me on discord, send msg I should get back to you on any game or lobby - https://discordapp.com/channels/@me/498117854164549632

The ideal to me would be a retake server that would transition into comp when it gets to 10 so in theory never waiting idle

Player we got stumbled into a particular ex-pro...

MF5dLzX.jpg

Caporegime
I usually forget to check Ocuk discord but often looking for people to join 5 v 5 and we do the gathers in a discord. Just casual games with standard rules but often preferable to MM nowadays. We use popflash.site which is really easy, but that does require the full 10 to start so the more people the better for less hassle in starting. Think this is the right link for me on discord, send msg I should get back to you on any game or lobby - https://discordapp.com/channels/@me/498117854164549632

The ideal to me would be a retake server that would transition into comp when it gets to 10 so in theory never waiting idle

Player we got stumbled into a particular ex-pro...

MF5dLzX.jpg

we don't use the ocuk discord. i had 3 other guys off here yesterday and in december we managed a full 5 one day. it's made a big difference to the usual of just me and bounce on here.

well i used to use the ocuk discord but stopped because nobody else that plays csgo did. i'm happy to use it but others just like to use in game but i think the quality of discord is better personally.

i think the main factor is because we usually have randoms in the team. so we need to use in game regardless.

if you ever want to play with us add me. we have a regular group now.

Soldato
Yea I had a quick look but didnt see a csgo player in there. I prefer in game voip, less tappy keyboard noises but either is ok and discord is almost like a live forum thread. Did a 5 v5 yesterday with another group of players, only 1 of which is regular on discord. If we can get a few groups of players who might turn up then it can happen a bit more often, dont have to be especially active otherwise

We played together already, Im Sabre on steam; the silversurfer thing works less well :p
pX9PV0t.png

Speaking of which the games while surfing this new wave of players are substantially different to other queues. So I deranked to Nova 4 yet again on my main account, years old prime, good trust etc. On new Free2Play CSGO account ( no prime) I placed with my 2004 CS-source library account, it gives me DMG. So yea it dont exactly make sense but they are all new players, you will get silver flashbacks on silly inexperienced stuff but also I prefer it to prime personally.

I'm just trying to give people a headsup, it wont last forever its just from that giant influx of players. Heres the stats and the person I've played with every game got Eagle due to vacnet reversing some previous losses, etc bans are very fast for free CSGO accounts; fairly sure they automated vacnet to convict based on prime overwatch signature detection (thats my theory)
V1RlntN.png

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone does want to group up for MM hit me up! Hate playing as a solo

I use to be GE but due to work and being away i haven't played for a while! I played a few MMs recently and been placed at LE

Soldato
Getting back into this, I have no idea how the game finder works - but I pretty much just play Office and Dust 2. I hate how long it takes to get into a game, often 5 minutes of just sitting there. Am I missing something?

If anyone wants a game, add me: Ahleckz on Steam.

Caporegime
I'd like to play with some regular people instead of random teams each time, only GN2 mind you...

I’m wanting to get into this after not playing CS properly since CSS.

Anyone fancy watching me get killed repeatedly over and over again? Add Megahurtz112 on steam :)

Is there a lot of OcUK discord activity?

add me

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197977558925/

made it easy for you to do so too

Yea sure add me my steam ID is Bounce and my avatar is bane. I'm MG 2.

I just hit MGE. been hovering around GN4 to MG2 for a while first time i've been this high.

Caporegime
added Bounce and Sonny, any of you guys play at 1440p? just wondering what monitors you use as i want one with a higher refresh rate. Thanks

I do. I have the dell g sync 144hz 1440p.

I think bounce has freesync.

My monitor is great bit it was expensive it's a long term investment.

Personally I'd wait to see if the whole Nvidia rumour around allowing freesync on their gpus is true

Ske

Ske

Associate
Feel free to add me into the mix; pauLL on Steam (King Julien as my avatar). Was LEM/SMFC going back a year or so.. But now MG1 :( played several games over the last few nights.

Associate
I do. I have the dell g sync 144hz 1440p.

I think bounce has freesync.

My monitor is great bit it was expensive it's a long term investment.

Personally I'd wait to see if the whole Nvidia rumour around allowing freesync on their gpus is true

added Bounce and Sonny, any of you guys play at 1440p? just wondering what monitors you use as i want one with a higher refresh rate. Thanks

No I play 1440 x 1080 at an aspect ratio of 4:3, it makes the model of the players look bigger.

My monitor is a viewsonic XG2402 and has freesync. About 18 months ago I changed from a 60hz monitor and noticed massive difference with the game being a lot more smoother, it's definitely worth getting if you want a better gaming experience.

Caporegime
Feel free to add me into the mix; pauLL on Steam (King Julien as my avatar). Was LEM/SMFC going back a year or so.. But now MG1 :( played several games over the last few nights.

no idea who king julien is. add me using my profile linked above.

i have most of the guys on here and me and bounce are the most "active" in terms of grouping up with others

Caporegime
No I play 1440 x 1080 at an aspect ratio of 4:3, it makes the model of the players look bigger.

is this actually worth doing? playing at 4:3? i'll need to remember to try it out. i've seen it in youtube videos and other people recommend it. but i've always thought it wouldn't help that much and i'd rather have the better visual experience.

Soldato
The most commonly used resolutions by the pros are:

1024x768 / 4:3 / stretched
1024x768 / 4:3 / black bars
800x600 / 4:3 / black bars

1280x1024 also used by quite a few.

You tend to see a lot of black bars rather than stretched because it emulates what was used in 1.6 - 800x600 and 640x480.

Back
Top Bottom