Oculus Rift

Soldato
Cheers. Is Bridge Crew playable single player?

Tbh the game is pretty basic what makes it great fun is going online with other people.

Probably best to wait for a sale and grab it with the next gen dlc, you will find more matches online. I just add every person I meet to list then matches fill faster.

Last edited:
Soldato
My favorites so far, Beat saber,Robo recall,super hot,creed rise to glory, startrek bridge crew

Thumper is great fun. I just finished Virtual virtual reality as well - very inception like.

I quite like story games. So as mentioned Wilson's Heart was good as was Edge of Nowhere.

Premium Bowling is a fairly polished bowling sim.

Moss is a fun platformer.

Soldato
Thanks guys for all the help so far. :)

My next question: Is there anything I should be doing with settings to make it look as good as possible? At the moment it's all just at the default values. I think I saw some people talking about setting swhich you could only even access with some extra software too?
When playing PC2, it's noticeable that roadside signs are a bit blurry when at a distance, but probably that's just the nature of the beast.

Associate
I think I saw some people talking about setting swhich you could only even access with some extra software too?
Use the Oculus Tray Tool to set supersampling settings to get a bit of a boost in visual quality.

1.0 is the default, and what you can increase it to beyond that depends on the game and your graphics card. Some people go crazy at 2.0 or higher, but frankly I can't tell the difference once you get past 1.4 or 1.5.

Soldato
I have Elite Dangerous on Steam, and just bought the Horizons pass on humble bundle. How to I get to play it in VR?

What I seem to have done currently, after much going through websites and such (I haven't played it for two years) is grabbed a product code which allows me to install it again within the Oculus Rift library. Which I think means I have two copies of the same game installed, and probably that I'll need to start from scratch (although I was tempted to do that anyway).

Is this the right approach? Or should I have just tried to run it through SteamVR or something?

Soldato
Possibly a little embarrassing, but I've just fallen in love with Lucky's Tale. I don't think I've ever seen as cute a game. And what a brilliant concept of having you looking over a platform game, I think it works really well.

Soldato
I have Elite Dangerous on Steam, and just bought the Horizons pass on humble bundle. How to I get to play it in VR?

What I seem to have done currently, after much going through websites and such (I haven't played it for two years) is grabbed a product code which allows me to install it again within the Oculus Rift library. Which I think means I have two copies of the same game installed, and probably that I'll need to start from scratch (although I was tempted to do that anyway).

Is this the right approach? Or should I have just tried to run it through SteamVR or something?

Either launch as normal and select HMD in the graphics options or use EDProfiler to set it to VR settings.

Your account is tied to the Frontier Store account you will have set up so you wont have to start from scratch at all, you can so far as I am aware use either Steam, Oculus or the FD launcher to access Elite, whichever takes your preference.

Soldato
Thanks. Got it running through Oculus now, but only for long enough to do a couple of training missions to reacquaint myself.

A WOW is in order for the first time entering a space station in VR!

I'm going to have to get used to some complicated key combinations to make up for not being able to see my keyboard!

Tomorrow, I will try to load up the actual game and see if it has retained my previous progress.

Soldato
Thanks. Got it running through Oculus now, but only for long enough to do a couple of training missions to reacquaint myself.

A WOW is in order for the first time entering a space station in VR!

I'm going to have to get used to some complicated key combinations to make up for not being able to see my keyboard!

Tomorrow, I will try to load up the actual game and see if it has retained my previous progress.

Get a HOTAS, it's absolute immersion then :)

Soldato
I knew someone would suggest that. :D

I'm already stretching my wife's patience to breaking point adding all the VR stuff to the computer set up in our lounge. And I occasionally bring in a steering wheel mount. If I get a HOTAS setup as well, I don't think I'll survive long enough to use it. :D

Soldato
I knew someone would suggest that. :D

I'm already stretching my wife's patience to breaking point adding all the VR stuff to the computer set up in our lounge. And I occasionally bring in a steering wheel mount. If I get a HOTAS setup as well, I don't think I'll survive long enough to use it. :D

Makes a huge difference to ED, when your sat in your ship and look down and see your hands on the controls and they move as you move, adds another level to the immersion, I went with the Saitek X52 which works great, there are likely newer units available now.

Back
Top Bottom