• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia to support Freesync?

Associate
LG 27GK750F-B Freesync working and overdrive can be changed, didn't notice any issues so far
Alienware AW2518HF Freesync working, but overdrive cant be changed is set to Normal no other issues so far,

will try other games and report back if issues arise.

Last edited:
Associate
Damn, was really looking forward to this but despite having freesync on my monitor is only has HDMI ports :mad:

It's connected to my GTX 1070 FTW via a displayport to HDMI cable though - I guess that still doesn't count?

Soldato
Seems to be working fine on my LG 32" 4K. Monitor OSD has two modes; Basic (48-60) and Extended (40-60). Tested with Nvidia Pendulum and Shadow of War which tends to dip to the 55 fps mark with occasional minimums of 48. I also seem to be able to enable HDR at the same time (both show as enabled in the OSD). I am not sure if this meant to work or not, officially FreeSync 2 is required for HDR.

Soldato
I don't notice that so much, there are two different types, an older panel was TN and apparently not great, it was replaced with the IPC screen, the newer one is Q3279VWFD8, D8 designates the new one.

I also never run V-Sync in any game, i always run Fast Sync in the drivers, one other thing, nVidia defaults this screen to 60Hz, you may need to go into the CP and set it to 75Hz.

OfepmLn.png

The old one (i have still) is Va .
But yeah using hdmi on nvidia you have to turn limited to full like you have.(this then solves the oh but Amd have better colours bs).

Man of Honour
Gave it a go on my Iiyama GB2760QSU and it seems to be working OK, at least it is adjusting the refresh rate for framerates under 144fps. Will monitor during actual gameplay.

One gotcha to watch out for, when i first installed the driver I didn't have gsync available as an option in the Nvidia control panel, it was only enabled after I enabled Freesync on the monitor first before opening control panel.

Back
Top Bottom