Garage Doors

Soldato
I’ve decided to get a new garage door and saw that there is an offer on at Costco for a Birkdale Sectional Garage Door. Has anyone used them or can offer any practical tips?

Apparently the prices are £1350 for a single or £1800 for a double both fitted including a motor and remote etc. Seems a reasonable price for my double garage?

Associate
That is a pretty good price IMHO. I had a 77mm aluminium insulated roller, with 2 remotes fitted for £1150 but that was a mates rate. I think normally they are £1300 fitted for a single.

Soldato
Recently had 2 Birkdale insulated roller shutters installed through Costco, they were the best price by about £200 compared to local fitters (and half the cost of the nationals), they are even cheaper now!

The quality of the Birkdale doors is really good, you get 4 remotes and the control box is very neat, fitters are outsourced local companies but ours was really good and of course the warranty sits with Birkdale anyway.

The fact that the price includes removal and disposal of your old door made it a no-brainer , even when we paid just under £1500 per door. Delivery took just under 3 weeks from order and fitting was done in under half a day, including removal of the old doors!

One thing to remember is that they wont install a power socket, so you will need to make sure one is in the right location before the fitter arrives.

Back
Top Bottom