Currently being held prisoner in hospital...

Caporegime
Soldato
OP
Glad it's looking like being resolved at your end, at least. Good luck finding a new nursery.

Thanks bud. We've thankfully managed to find another nursery with the availability we require and our daughter starts her settling sessions as early as tomorrow!

We really liked the manager and staff team and the nursery itself is set in 1.5 acres of woodland which allows the kids to get outside often, something our daughter loves. The location is less convenient for us (especially as my other half isn't driving atm) but it's worth the extra travel time to know she's not going back to the same place.

From what we understand police interviews at the old nursery are ongoing but nobody has admitted to anything yet. I'll let you all know what comes of it.

Permabanned
Good luck my friend, hope the wee one isn't too traumatised by the whole affair.

My kid told me when he was a bit older that some staff at the nursery we placed him in preschool would deny him lunch, bawl in his face and separate him from the other kids. In effect, abused him.
We thought it was a great nursery and had no clue. As he was a child and quite a shy little boy he never said anything to us. My heart ached when he told me, the old failed to protect my child thing.
You just never know.

Associate
Interesting to compare the response in England to Australia.

One of my kids had a subdural haematoma - there are old studies that conclude that in children these are 100% of the time as a result of non accidental injury.

Fortunately for wifey and I there was no intervention at all, we simply followed up on our childs health until as you would and went back to our lives.

From reading this thread I think you have been bend over backwards flexible, i'm not sure your response would have been mine. Particularly the X-Rays. Glad its worked out and you can return to normal life!

Soldato
OP
Just to keep you all updated, SS have come back and advised they’re taking no further action against us, which is a weight off our mind.

The investigations at the nursery are still continuing though and we likely won’t have the outcome from that until next week at the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom