New Star Trek series - 2017

Caporegime
How would that solve the problems with the writing in the show?

Or is it just easier to pretend that my only issue with Discovery is 'nurr the ships don't look like the '60s show ones nurrrrrrrrr'

Well that seems to have been the thing you were going on about the most, and to an extent i agree, especially with the deign choices of the klingon ships. But at least the federation ships LOOK like federation ships, the klingon ones just look like they were taken out of the "bad guy ship of the week" bin from the tng\dsd9 era. Going on about how the Enterprise has changed its look a bit from the 60's tv show in 2018 just seems a bit redundant.

As for writing, first seasons generally are a bit shaky as people are finding their feet, see how it goes in this season. :)

Soldato
So looking forward to the new series. They appear to have made a lot of effort to get back on track with tying in to TOS since the change in show runners.

The Short Trek episodes have been really good. The Mudd one last week was outstanding.

Caporegime
Wonder what that:

Alien looking thing "Michael" saw was? Pike seemed to run through it when he emerged so didn't seem to be just a weird outline of him. Also that fortune cookie paper seemed to imply Lorca may be back at some point.

Was it just me or did young Spock look a bit weird. :p

Soldato
Wonder what that:

Alien looking thing "Michael" saw was? Pike seemed to run through it when he emerged so didn't seem to be just a weird outline of him. Also that fortune cookie paper seemed to imply Lorca may be back at some point.

Was it just me or did young Spock look a bit weird. :p
The red angel is what they were looking for. The red signals Spock spotted .it's why the Discovery was where it was they were trying to find them.it was in all the trailers .there was even one in the updated titles .

Although Burnham could have been hallucinating due to being injured.

Caporegime
The red angel is what they were looking for. The red signals Spock spotted .it's why the Discovery was where it was they were trying to find them.it was in all the trailers .there was even one in the updated titles .

Although Burnham could have been hallucinating due to being injured.

That's what i was wondering if she seen it or not, but Pike seemed to run through it so presumably she did.

Soldato
I thought that episode was much better than anything in season 1, the wife who has not seen any star trek outside of Discovery also thought it was a better episode than S1. This new direction is far better.

Associate
I thought that episode was much better than anything in season 1, the wife who has not seen any star trek outside of Discovery also thought it was a better episode than S1. This new direction is far better.

Totally on board with this! Loved the first episode and now super excited to see more!
Last season was the opposite, didn't really look forward to any episodes since the story was so weak. It feels like it's got back to the original type of show, lots of sciency fun stuff, mystery and good storylines! I really like Capt. Pike too, his stance at the end when talking to Burnham looked very Picard esq.

Back
Top Bottom