us pro torx bits / general tools

Soldato
I’ve been pleasantly surprised by various Bahco tools I’ve used over the years and am a bug fan of their ratchet ring spanner’s.

Snap-On and MAG are for professional mechanics who need tools that’ll never let them down and have a lifetime guarantee in the off chance that they do fail.

Snap-On’s Blue Point “enthusiast” range are far more affordable, but still pricey compared to Stanley, Draper etc.

Soldato
OP
torx and sockets arrived, not sure when ill get to test the torx but the sockets, I managed to get them to 150 ft lb ( 203 nm ) which is the max my wrench has on my wheel nuts, and then undone then without the socket looking like it has attempted to round of inside or crack. they sent me a link direct to there website which is cheaper then ebay, first thing I seen I wanted, some of them pliers for them STUPID oem style clips on hoses you can never get on! going to order a few things I think from the site, they also have some cheapo pry bars , but also some which look better , proper handle and also a metal top for use with a hammer

https://www.tools2udirectsw.com/

all free delivery aswell which is a big bonus

Soldato
Hammer-through pry bars ftw :D

Thanks for that link, might come in handy.

Oh, and used the T40 out of my set today. I have a Snap On one in that size as it's really common but thought I'd try the cheapies. Had to swing on my 3/8 breaker bar to undo the fixing (door striker plate with threadlock) and it coped admirably.

Soldato
yes, the site has

https://www.tools2udirectsw.com/us-pro-42pc-torx--spline--hex-bit-set-1486-984-p.asp

if the torx bits are the same steel as the inserts in the fixed sockets, then that seems a reasonable solution too ... maybe a bit more bulky. ?

Bacho adjustable spanners+plumbers wrench some of my most used home gear ... their torx sockets seem exhorbitant though, in the uk anyway.

Soldato
OP
ive seen a few bacho socket sets for sale near my house on facebook / gumtree, I already have everything in the sets twice over tho so a waste of money. picking up some bargin heavy duty shelfs for the shed in the morning for a bargin price, just need more tools to fill it with now! something else ill keep my eye open for is some of them plastic tubs full of mixed sizes of items such as , o ring seals / copper crush washer / normal washers / clips / ect

Soldato
All my torx etc are Wera, Either normal or SS depending on use. All around 5 yrs old now still look perfect

Soldato
https://www.tools2udirectsw.com/us-pro-42pc-torx--spline--hex-bit-set-1486-984-p.asp

if the torx bits are the same steel as the inserts in the fixed sockets, then that seems a reasonable solution too

I have a sealey set which looks the same but in a different case (AK219). Would recommend. I needed a few spline bits and this set seemed my best option. It's been fine for just DIY use :)

hux

hux

Soldato
For the money I'd choose Bgs, found them by chance and find them to be excellent.

i have a Nielsen torx set, those always snap or shear but in fairness they're not impact rater.

Bgs always twist before giving up, plus in use they're a lot tougher.

I have a Wera stainless wrench, and it always makes me smirk when I look at the torque limitation as they have no rating, so their way of saying go for it :D

Soldato
OP
used my us pro sockets today, and I am impressed for how much they cost, 18mm bolt that was slightly rounded, I was able to remove it with an 1/2" 6 point socket using jack handle on a t-bar.

Back
Top Bottom