The official Ces 2019 laptops

Soldato
Who wants a beautiful, powerful, sleek and sexy notebook for £4,499?

• RRP £4499.99
  • AERO 15-Y9-9UK4720P
  • 15.6" FHD 144Hz
  • i9-8950HK
  • GTX 2080 8GB Max-Q
  • DDR4 2666 32GB
  • 2TB PCIe M.2 SSD
  • Win10 Pro
  • 2 year warranty
I am as close to speechless as I have ever been.

£4499.99? Is this some kind of a joke? still has that bloody awful nose camera as well...

Associate
I see more updates today. For me it's going to be a toss up between the MSI and Asus. But the price point has to be under £3k, so it (mostly) rules out the 2080 machines which is a shame. I'll be more than happy with the 2070 even if it is the Max-Q.

Out of interest when I sell on my GT73VR what do you think I could get for it?

I was interested in the MSI ones too, but then noticed that they don’t have gsync :confused:

Associate
I see more updates today. For me it's going to be a toss up between the MSI and Asus. But the price point has to be under £3k, so it (mostly) rules out the 2080 machines which is a shame. I'll be more than happy with the 2070 even if it is the Max-Q.

Out of interest when I sell on my GT73VR what do you think I could get for it?

I have the same laptop and I think it holds its value well. I'm still very happy with mine.

Man of Honour
There are a lot of differences between models so it's important to make sure the details are as accurate as possible. Ive fallen foul of that in the past unfortunately.

One bug bear for me is that a lot of the new models only have 16gb ram installed, rather than 32. I'm not sure what effect that would have in the real world mind you. But I do quite a bit of photo editing and file transfer.

Associate
Really? My current MSI has Gsync. Let me take another look.

Product information:
GT75 NVIDIA RTX 2070 GDDR6, 16GB, 17.3" 144Hz 3ms G-SYNC, I7-8750H Gaming Laptop

I was mostly looking at the gs75 and gs65. Had a skim through their website but it’s a pain to read on a phone screen. Maybe the Titan is the outlier?

Associate
Oh yeah I get that. With my current gaming habits I'm able to run everything I play with max settings. My gtx1080 still has plenty life left. But I do really like the look of the new gt75 titan. The 1tb ssd and fastet CPU will be the biggest draw for me. Also the new keyboard really does look stunning. I'm hoping cooling is just as good at my gt73vr

Gangster
OcUK Staff
At the moment we have no confirmed date on stock arriving. I would expect small amounts of certain lines in stock throughout Feb and mostly landing End Feb beginning of March.

Pre-orders will be able to be placed near end of the month and hopefully by then I will have some ETA's.

Soldato
As ever, it seems the specs across the brands are pretty much identical.. it's going to come down to athletics/cooling/fan noise for me I think!

Asus ROG is looking tempting...

Man of Honour
It's a difficult decision for me - I've got a very capable MSI GT73VR which just about copes with everything I throw its way, so the new laptop would have to be equal to and better for me to invest. Do I need Thunderbolt? My price point is the 2070, but is that going to be a big enough upgrade to warrant the extra pennies.

Associate
It's a difficult decision for me - I've got a very capable MSI GT73VR which just about copes with everything I throw its way, so the new laptop would have to be equal to and better for me to invest. Do I need Thunderbolt? My price point is the 2070, but is that going to be a big enough upgrade to warrant the extra pennies.

I'd wait for benchmarks before making any decisions.

Check out performance in the games/app you use.

Soldato
OP
razer blade 15 or aero 15x mate!

Soldato
Getting impatient waiting for all the reviews! I'm so delirious I'm even contemplating the ASUS Mothership haha (although I'm sure I'll sober up once I see the price).

Man of Honour
Yes I'm waiting for news too although im not ready to buy yet anyway. Will have to shift this one first. But initial leaks I've seen look favourable - the 2070 (which is my price point) looks to be faster than the 1080 and much more efficient. As long as they are not too loud, that's a big concern of mine.

Associate
Yes I'm waiting for news too although im not ready to buy yet anyway. Will have to shift this one first. But initial leaks I've seen look favourable - the 2070 (which is my price point) looks to be faster than the 1080 and much more efficient. As long as they are not too loud, that's a big concern of mine.
TDP's are pretty much the same as the current cards so the models that seem to have just updated the GPU like the Razer Blade and Aero 15x will probably have exactly the same noise levels.

Associate
With all these new laptops being announced to replace the current Gigabyte Aero range, are we likely to see significant price drops in the 2018 models?
I'm interested in getting an Aero but £1,400 seems too much when compared to other laptops with similar specifications...

Back
Top Bottom