Chicken Dopiaza

Soldato
Chicken Dopiaza is my easy to make go to favourite for a curry, I eat far too much of it. Like a lot of people do I find a recipe and then modify it to my liking. The following recipe originally asks for fresh tomatoes to make the sauce but I use tins of chopped tomatoes. This curry is quite mild.

Ingredients

3 large onions
3 cloves garlic (I use 3 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Garlic)
Knob of ginger (I use 1 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Ginger)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tbsp Turmeric
1 tbsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
3 tins chopped tomatoes
I large Red Pepper
300 g Mushrooms
1 kg Chicken Thigh

On3nYWR.jpg

1. Chop the garlic, ginger and onions.
2. Put some cooking oil OF YOUR CHOICE into a large casserole dish and heat.
3. Add the Cumin seeds and cook for around 30 seconds or so. Add the chopped garlic and ginger and stir. Cook for around 45 seconds.
EEjkwl1.jpg

4. Add the onion and cook for around 5 mins to soften.
5. Once softened add the spices, stir and cook till cooked off. This is my favourite stage as I love the smell.

KRAxCxv.jpg

6. Once cooked I transfer this mix to a saucepan, add the 3 tins of chopped tomatoes and using a hand blender, I blend the mix to a smooth sauce. I then transfer this sauce back to the casserole dish. I then add some chilli flakes that I have in the cupboard for an extra little kick.
7. Season with salt, I add 2 tsp of salt. Chop the red pepper and add that along with the mushrooms and chicken. I cooked it for around 45 mins as that was how long a program I was watching lasted.

1fJRobd.jpg

I got 650 ml takeaway cartons, and a little taster, out of this. I'll freeze these and have at my leisure.

GgocEx3.jpg

As I said, this is really quick and easy to make and I love the taste.

Back
Top Bottom