The nervous wait to exchange....

Associate
Yeah we've been lucky - no chain and the sellers had been on the market for a while, other than Christmas leave everyone has been super on it throughout the process
Our sellers are buying another property and their searches started ahead of ours...
How long since the process with solicitors started (searches bla bla) till you exchanged?

We got all our mortgage sorted just waiting on soicitors now :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'm not sure what's going on with our H2B ISAs - we paid 10% on exhange, but apparently have 12 months to get the bonus, we only closed our ISAs the day before exchange so not sure what is happening with them yet - we've not used the ISA cash yet, so for all we know we've lost the bonuses. Hopefully will get an answer on it in the next week or so.

That doesn't sound right at all..id.be all over the solicitors about this if I was you.

Soldato
Doesn't sound like mines progressed at all this week. Some forms and enquiries came back to my solicitor some not even signed by the sellers so need to go back. Also waiting on a mine report to then be sent to my lender, just a couple small lose ends and we can exchange but it's frustrating relying on his solicitor who appears to be slow.

Associate
Doesn't sound like mines progressed at all this week. Some forms and enquiries came back to my solicitor some not even signed by the sellers so need to go back. Also waiting on a mine report to then be sent to my lender, just a couple small lose ends and we can exchange but it's frustrating relying on his solicitor who appears to be slow.

I know how you feel, I just got off the phone from the estate agent for the property I'm buying who has now been told by the vendor and his solicitor that they have dealt with all the enquiries and are ready to exchange but my solicitor tells me there are still 4 outstanding enquiries...FFS why won't they just talk to each other and sort it :(

Associate
About week or so ago I found out my solicitor haven't yet recieved the contract from sellers solicitor....

I had to chase the estate agent which is selling the house and they were unaware of this....
Several phone calls and emails later works out their solicitors sent the contract to the wrong place....

I guess if I never bothered bothering everyone it would take even longer for them to do it themselves.:o

Caporegime
Thanks, a lot more weeks to wait then:)
Don't know when Ill next hear anything back from solicitors now haha.

Is it gold flooring?

Nice carpet upstairs, luxury quickstep vinyl downstairs, plus underlay, scree and labour.

The same price as if we had purchased flooring through our developer, but we get much better flooring this way as the developer uses flooring as a massive cash-cow.

Soldato
One of the most stressful parts of everything for me has been doing the funds transfers on online banking - did one for 45k last week, have never checked something was correct so many times in my bloody life, got to do another 30 odd K tomorrow and am dreading it already! Do most people go to branch for this crap or do it themselves when sending money to the solicitors?

Back
Top Bottom